IGNORED

Louis Carey's Career At Coventry.......

WesM

interesting, perhaps they are going to use him as a centre back or a midfielder,

wilson tried that and got nowhere

Actually, Carey started as a central defender, forming a formidable defensive partership with Shaun Taylor in our promotion season. I always thought it was his best position.

It was Wilson who switched him to right back.

yeah real shame :ph34r:

Yeah what a b**tard hey he moved up a division after being offered less money than he was on last season on not one but 3 seperate occasions.

Why do fans hate him so? Is it because he came out and told the truth about the bristol lads at the gate? Or because he dared to question the fact he was offered crap money?

:laugh::clap:;):dunno:

Someone please enlighten me

He wasn't offered less money. He was offered more money, but it was conditional on appearances and performances. He obviously wasn't that confident that he'd play every game and play it well!

Oh and he did start at right-back, under Joe Jordan. I'd agree that he was a handy centre-back though.

He wasn't offered less money. He was offered more money, but it was conditional on appearances and performances. He obviously wasn't that confident that he'd play every game and play it well!

Oh and he did start at right-back, under Joe Jordan. I'd agree that he was a handy centre-back though.

One of the conditions was centred on if he played every league game and we were promoted automatically, his uncle lives down my road and louis told him this alone was the reason he didnt sign, plus he had apparently had a knee niggle so the likely hood of this was low at best!

One of the conditions was centred on if he played every league game and we were promoted automatically, his uncle lives down my road and louis told him this alone was the reason he didnt sign, plus he had apparently had a knee niggle so the likely hood of this was low at best!

So, he was annoyed because the club only wanted to pay him his full salary when he actually played for the club and they wanted him to get extra reward for achieving promotion ('performance-related pay', I believe it's called).

Allied to that, he was also annoyed because he's carrying an injury and didn't want to be on reduced wages while he was sitting on the treatment table.

Sorry, is your post meant to be defending him?

I think the burning question is: Would we have him back???

umm IMO NO.. Smith is the nutter Tommy has needed to back him up in tackles, those 2 together and you can forget about Norman "Bite Your Legs" Hunter, vinnie jones etc etc.... Smith and Docherty rule the hardman roost!!

I doubt Louis will lose his place, he was straight back in after his one match ban for a sending off,but the potential gloating here just baffles me.

Do you honestly think we're better defensively now he's gone?

Look at last season's defensive record and this seasons,and judge for yourself.

So, he was annoyed because the club only wanted to pay him his full salary when he actually played for the club and they wanted him to get extra reward for achieving promotion ('performance-related pay', I believe it's called).

Allied to that, he was also annoyed because he's carrying an injury and didn't want to be on reduced wages while he was sitting on the treatment table.

Sorry, is your post meant to be defending him?

NO he was annoyed because inspite of that injury they still set a bonus which would have earned him a fraction over that of last season if he played every game and we went up.

If your boss said to you we are cutting your wages but if you reach these unrealistic targets you'll earn just over what you were on last year would you except that or look for another job on your old money?

NO he was annoyed because inspite of that injury they still set a bonus which would have earned him a fraction over that of last season if he played every game and we went up.

If your boss said to you we are cutting your wages but if you reach these unrealistic targets you'll earn just over what you were on last year would you except that or look for another job on your old money?

He was perfectly entitled to look for another job. I have no problem with that at all.

I just don't see why he felt the need to have a swipe at the club, when they had offered what they could afford, based on the failure of the previous season. A failure of which he was a part, to be fair.

He also started spouting on about how Bristol City wouldn't let him have a testimonial unless he signed, when he wasn't entitled to one until next season anyway. I lost a lot of respect for him after reading that.

I never thought V=Carey had a great season last season, hes not a bad player but for me hes isn't a otuch on what Smithy is.

Never thought he would be good enough for Div 1 not a team like Coventry pushing for playoffs at least anyway.

Performance realted pay is how all players should be paid. At the moment they get paid a ridiculous amount of money even if they put no effort in att all or do nothing at all and its draining money out of football and preventing it from growing to how big it could be.

Carey didn't want to play for us thought he was better than what he was and now he could regret it and sorry but thats his own big headed faught.

I doubt Louis will lose his place, he was straight back in after his one match ban for a sending off,but the potential gloating here just baffles me.

Do you honestly think we're better defensively now he's gone?

Look at last season's defensive record and this seasons,and judge for yourself.

Dead right we lack his defensive qualities and principly height and pace. Smith is a good pro but on the short side and was muscled out of the way for I think Bradfords third goal. We lack height throughout the team and especially at full back (right and left)

I just don't see why he felt the need to have a swipe at the club, when they had offered what they could afford, based on the failure of the previous season. A failure of which he was a part, to be fair.

Do you honestly believe that?

That last season's failure was partially down to the best defensive record in the Nationwide? I think Phillips, Carey, Coles, Butler and Hill are the ones who were largely exempt from criticism for our inability to go up.

What about a central midfield pairing that managed just a couple of goals each or the strikers only one of whom managed more than 8 league goals in a complete season?

We scored far too few last season and our back four and keeper regularly kept us in games that our strikers and midfielders couldn't score in.

If there was performance related pay being offered then they were the ones who earned it.

I think everyone forgets something when they dish out abuse to players.

Most and i stress most people hate tony thorpe. Fans have also shown a dislike to Carey in recent weeks.

Thorpe and Carey have basically left because we didnt get promoted. They are both sat on there backsides now at championship clubs earning their money. And whos to say Aaron Brown isnt going to follow in their footsteps.

Basically City are too smaller club for their services (in their eyes)

Love is close to hate! Supporters only hate because they see players moving to another club as a betrayal. Thorpie was, for a period of time, an extremely popular player. The fact that he was, as most players are, a mercenary only dawns on people when they lose form and appear not to be trying, look for a move, or worse, actually go.

What will we all think of Lita when he moves? or Mattie? or indeed anyone?

Surely the very fact that they've ever pulled on the red shirt makes them a hero.

Bet you'd buy any of them a pint when they are in retirement and reminisce about all the pleasure they gave you when you watched them play.

Oh and then there's Mark Lever!!!

Archived