IGNORED

Do We Need Another Striker

RedM

I might be totally wrong here, but what is the best thing about being a Football Manager (besides winning of course)?

Is it taking the training? Nah, too cold wet and windy at times.

Is it that everyone respects you and calls you 'Boss'? Nah, you can have respect without being in charge.

Is it endlessly watching the opposition and sorting out tactics? Nah, boring after a while.

The best thing about being manager is SHOPPING!!!!!!!

Imagine the excitement of spending maybe thousands of £££'s of somebody elses money? Taking a chance on a player, that's GAMBLING! The pressure of wheeling and dealing and trying to come out on top. Trying to get 'one up' on other clubs who are also in the running....

That's why we need a new striker!

I believe Bristol City are doing the equivalent of myself when I stand infront of the wardrobe and wail that 'I've NOTHING to wear' and Mr RedM points out I've got loads of stuff that I haven't even cut the price tags off yet, ie unworn, unused and untested!

But shopping is just so much fun! :ph34r:

I might be totally wrong here, but what is the best thing about being a Football Manager (besides winning of course)?

Is it taking the training? Nah, too cold wet and windy at times.

Is it that everyone respects you and calls you 'Boss'? Nah, you can have respect without being in charge.

Is it endlessly watching the opposition and sorting out tactics? Nah, boring after a while.

The best thing about being manager is SHOPPING!!!!!!!

Imagine the excitement of spending maybe thousands of £££'s of somebody elses money? Taking a chance on a player, that's GAMBLING! The pressure of wheeling and dealing and trying to come out on top. Trying to get 'one up' on other clubs who are also in the running....

That's why we need a new striker!

I believe Bristol City are doing the equivalent of myself when I stand infront of the wardrobe and wail that 'I've NOTHING to wear' and Mr RedM points out I've got loads of stuff that I haven't even cut the price tags off yet, ie unworn, unused and untested!

But shopping is just so much fun! :laugh:

Isnt it just like the thing though, when you go back and try some of the things you had overlooked in your wardrobe, maybe with different accessories, they turn out to be fantastic :ph34r:

Isnt it just like the thing though, when you go back and try some of the things you had overlooked in your wardrobe, maybe with different accessories, they turn out to be fantastic :ph34r:

Subtle enough was I? :clap:

And Taz, I'm sure you would have written in PINK if you could! :laugh:

Only a lady would use clothes and accessories as an analogy for picking players......brilliant :clap::laugh:

Nope - its a bloke thing I'm afraid...

Its all about buying new gadgets which you then throw away when you realise they were overpriced and not as good as you though they would be.

But then we always though peacock and thorpe were complete tools...

Archived