IGNORED

Jimmy Lumsden

SouthGlosRed

why did he leave what happened he was one if not the 1st City manager in my days of a youngster

Been reading Everton's website to see if they have any worries about tonight!

Lumsden has written piece on there about his own memories of his time here. He took over when Jordan ran off to Hearts and stayed for about 20 months I think, before being sacked.

Lets give him and Dave Moyes a good reception tonight, then pull off the shock of the round!!

I remember going to the away game at Charlton (when they played at Upton park)

and I believe that this was his last game in charge?. We lost 2-1 and everyone

was calling for his head as i recall.

As i remember he had a bit of a rough time as mananger. After starting well with the squad he inherited of Jordan as injuries suspensions players leaving kicked in he didnt do quite so well and kinda lost the plot a bit.

My fondest memory of him though was him losing his rag with the referee once for giving handball at throw in when our guy dropped the ball instead of throwing it and then picked it up again - more passion that wilson showed in four years.

Overall excellent coach, indifferent manager but he did bring Jacki here and for that all is forgiven as some of my fondest memories of football are watching that genius in action for us.

As i remember he had a bit of a rough time as mananger. After starting well with the squad he inherited of Jordan as injuries suspensions players leaving kicked in he didnt do quite so well and kinda lost the plot a bit.

My fondest memory of him though was him losing his rag with the referee once for giving handball at throw in when our guy dropped the ball instead of throwing it and then picked it up again - more passion that wilson showed in four years.

Overall excellent coach, indifferent manager but he did bring Jacki here and for that all is forgiven as some of my fondest memories of football are watching that genius in action for us.

I agree, he is obviously a top quality coach as he has gone on to prove.

He was sort of thrust in to the managers spot when Jordan done a bunk

and it never really worked out for him.

As you say though, he brought us Jackie so i'll let him off anything!!

I always felt sorry for Jimmy Lumsden. If I recall correctly, his son died in a car crash before Jimmy became manager down the Gate. As a consequence, Jimmy didn't want to move from the Yorkshire(?) area as his son was buried up there. When all's said and done, you cannot argue with those priorities and have to respect him all the more for what he did achieve.

Scooter Red

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~567571,00.html

and theres an interview with the man himself. Must say he's looking well and seems to agree pretty much with what has been said in this thread.

Aslo he bought Rob Edwards, Martin Scott and Keith Welch so i think its fair to say he knows a player when he sees one.

and the great Jacki aswell......

Amen to that brother. I swear the day Jackie was got rid of, 2,000 dropped off our attendance figures. Anyone remember the (cup?) game we played against Leicester just after he came down? The guy was a genius.

Archived