IGNORED

Newspaper Reports From Last Night

WestburyRed

Everything I've read since the game online and in the papers suggest we didn't have a great first half but fought back hard in the second. Am I the only one who saw a City team dominate the first half?! I honestly could not understand how we were 2 down and I bet Everton fans were wondering how they were winning. We were camped in the opposition half for much of the first half, admittedly good chances were few and far between but we were hardly under pressure. Apart from the cross that hit the bar at the start and the two goals, they rarely troubled us.

Everton fans also get the award for "quietest large away support" ever. They may as well have had 200 fans not 2000 for all the noise they made.

What does it matter what the press say? As long as your happy with your teams performance... Maybe you were wearing your red-tinted glasses in the 1st half? Bristol City put up a fight last night but (cliche coming up) at the end of the day you're out. If you won then your report would've been much better for you.

Snoogans :cool::(

well i thought we were very unlucky to be losing 2-0 at half time, if we had taken our chances then we could of been level, but at the end of the day i don't think we could of played any better than we did!!! :(

I agree i thought we were very good in the first half and 0-2 was not a fair reflection. The first 10 mins we looked a little shaky but after that we were the better team i thought. Richard Wright was certainly the busier of the two keepers.

I cant remember Phillips really having a save to make in the first half apart from the mis-hit cross that went against the bar, but thought we looked quite threatining coming forward getting plenty of shots in and making Yobo look like he'd be crap in the Downs League.

If only we could defend set pieces and if only Coles didnt go to the Matty Hill School of defending we could've won.

Everything I've read since the game online and in the papers suggest we didn't have a great first half but fought back hard in the second. Am I the only one who saw a City team dominate the first half?! I honestly could not understand how we were 2 down and I bet Everton fans were wondering how they were winning. We were camped in the opposition half for much of the first half, admittedly good chances were few and far between but we were hardly under pressure. Apart from the cross that hit the bar at the start and the two goals, they rarely troubled us.

I think that the papers are about right then. They never really broke sweat in the 1st half and we're two nil up. All we had was a few long shots which aren't going to beat a keeper from the premiership. In the 2nd half though I think the Everton fans were just as shocked as I was when we equalised, but we were the better team in the second half until the last 10 mins when they had a few chances.

Archived