IGNORED

Stereophonics Gig...

2iamdavies

I just thought i would start a fresh phonics gig post days before the actually gig, i think the gig has been mentioned before, but on the old forum.

So... Whos going? and if so, who you getting there?

I am and I'm going by coach, that departs from @bristol. I cant wait really, just hope they play, old and new stuff, to much new stuff, and I'm not sure i would enjoy it.

I'll be there, went to the last one and that rocked.

Feeder and Ocean Colour Scene supporting should be awesome.

New stuff isn't that great and nor is Kelly Jones' haircut.

Out of interest is anyone going to the Stockport game THEN the gig?

I think I'm missing the Stockport game for the gig.

So...

Its over, what did the people that went think?

I thought it was absolutely amazing, best gig of my life.

28 songs of pure brilliance, from the boys.

The new drummer looks alot like stuart cable, its rather scary. :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Feeder, Ocean Colour Scene and Adam Matherson, deserve abit of praise aswel, 3 good support acts. :D

Phonics encore was quite ####py.

I like the new stuff, but Kelly was really going for it and it seemed no-one cared.

Feeder are going through the motions and I couldn't stop laughing when the lead singer said they were "coming back next year to headline the Mill Stad", yeh right!

OCS were quality, shame the acoustic of Day we caught the train was poor though.

Feeder are going through the motions and I couldn't stop laughing when the lead singer said they were "coming back next year to headline the Mill Stad", yeh right!

I never went to this gig, although I have seen Feeder c.15 times including in Bournemouth on 10/11th December.

They are certainly not going through the motions at the moment, they are touring what is now a relatively old album which is made up of songs. These songs are soft and thoughtful (not exactly my cup of tea) and in my opinion a gig full of these would sound bland.

When you add some of the Polythene and Swim songs (older Feeder stuff) into the mix you can see the raw quality rock and genuine edge that the band have and their versatility is evident.

All the same, Feeder are nothing on the Stereophonics and probably never will be.

Well, I guess this game is a matter of opinion.

In mine, Sterophonics are a great band - also faded badly since Performance and Cocktails - but I'd rather watch Feeder live every time.

Don't get me wrong, I have seen the 'Phonics a few times and would do so again, I just prefer Feeder.

Has anyone else noticed how Kelly Jones appears to want to be Liam Gallagher...?

Archived