IGNORED

Is A Large Squad An Advantage With The

cheshire_red

I'm really fed up with the loan system and the way out opponents have been able to utilise the system to their advantage, in fact I would like to see the loan system abolished completely.

The last two matches away matches have seen significant contributions from loan players for the opposition.

At Blackpool their goalie won MOM and kept a clean sheet with the aid of my MOM for them which was Elliott who is on loan from Derby.

Rushden also had a loan goalie from Reading and Benjamin on loan from Leicester.

Both these clubs are paying only proportions of the salaries of the respective players.

It is quite depressing that our investment in a squad which has competition in all but one (vital) area hinders (financially) the ability to loan in players at will to cover positions where we have injuries or suspensions. At present I would love to see a goalie and right winger brought in, however, I get the distinct impression that the number of senior players is hindering the ability to pay the wages of loan signings.

I would very much like to see the abolition of the loan system considering the number of out of work players and the freedom of contract that players fought for. If a club is short of a goalie let them go out and sign one. They do not need to offer long contracts anymore, many out of work footballers will accept match to match contracts or monthly terms.

The whole system presently favours clubs who are not prepared to invest in their own squads and are happy to bring in loanees when they want. Additionally it favours clubs in London, the midlands and the north as they have Prem / 1st Div clubs on their doorstep whose fringe players would rather stay relatively local to their homes (understandably).

Any thoughts or is it my bias as we don't seem to benefit to the extent our opponents do?

Get rid of the wasteoids on our books and make room for loan signings is what i say, we could easily get rid of 2 strikers 2 midfielders and a couple of defenders without it affecting the (mis)fortunes of our first team squad.

Bolton are the best at using this system, it keeps them in the premier every season, we have far too many players for a second div side, and most wont see the first team on a regular basis, just wasting precious money that we don't have.

I'm really fed up with the loan system and the way out opponents have been able to utilise the system to their advantage, in fact I would like to see the loan system abolished completely.

The last two matches away matches have seen significant contributions from loan players for the opposition.

At Blackpool their goalie won MOM and kept a clean sheet with the aid of my MOM for them which was Elliott who is on loan from Derby.

Rushden also had a loan goalie from Reading and Benjamin on loan from Leicester.

Both these clubs are paying only proportions of the salaries of the respective players.

It is quite depressing that our investment in a squad which has competition in all but one (vital) area hinders (financially) the ability to loan in players at will to cover positions where we have injuries or suspensions. At present I would love to see a goalie and right winger brought in, however, I get the distinct impression that the number of senior players is hindering the ability to pay the wages of loan signings.

I would very much like to see the abolition of the loan system considering the number of out of work players and the freedom of contract that players fought for. If a club is short of a goalie let them go out and sign one. They do not need to offer long contracts anymore, many out of work footballers will accept match to match contracts or monthly terms.

The whole system presently favours clubs who are not prepared to invest in their own squads and are happy to bring in loanees when they want. Additionally it favours clubs in London, the midlands and the north as they have Prem / 1st Div clubs on their doorstep whose fringe players would rather stay relatively local to their homes (understandably).

Any thoughts or is it my bias as we don't seem to benefit to the extent our opponents do?

I know we're not allowed to mention his name, but hell to it, I'll face up to the stick :(

Would we have finished 3rd last season and won the LDV without a certain loanee called Mark Robins?

<br /> I know we're not allowed to mention his name, but hell to it, I'll face up to the stick  :(

Would we have finished 3rd last season and won the LDV without a certain loanee called Mark Robins?

Finishing 3rd has the same end result as finishing 15th. I don't believe Robins had any effect on our winning the LDV.

And was he not our only loan signing last season, other than Butler who we then signed anyway, can't see Blackpool or Rushden signing their loans full time as they would not be able to offer the required salaries.

And just who have we signed this season? Just rumours so far! :o

Finishing 3rd has the same end result as finishing 15th.

15th place gets a play off spot does it? We didn't win them I know but he certainly helped get us back on track in a waivering league campaign.

I don't believe Robins had any effect on our winning the LDV.
Again yes he didn't play in Cardiff but I am sure he turned one LDV game on his head in the space a couple of minutes, can't think of the opponent off the top of my head though. Anyone remember?

15th place gets a play off spot does it? We didn't win them I know but he certainly helped get us back on track in a waivering league campaign.

Again yes he didn't play in Cardiff but I am sure he turned one LDV game on his head in the space a couple of minutes, can't think of the opponent off the top of my head though. Anyone remember?

But the end result of finishing 3rd is the same as 15th :(

I'm not arguing that we should not have signed him, in fact it is proving that we don't make use of the loan system to the extent of the vast majority of our opponents in this division and that our large squad is no real advantage to us.

Archived