IGNORED

Black Insulation Tape...

KingswoodRed

Just started watching the Leeds v Sunderland game & noticed (as is the case with a lot of teams) the so called black arm bands worn as a mark of respect to Mr. Clough is black insulation tape wrapped shodily around each players' arm.

Is a reel of black insulation tape a vital part of every clubs kit, or is there enough money in football now to invest in proper arm bands to show respect?

To make it a City topic, I hope we have at least 16 slightly more respectful arm bands in the kit, God forbid having to use them, but no doubt inevitable at some stage, than the afore mentioned reel of insulation tape.

Saw a post to the board asking the question of we will have bands as a mark of respect. in my opionion it would be rude not too, he was a football god. :whistle:

A proper band shows more respect, not that tape didnt mean no respect was shown.

But for a cost of maybe £300 it would be unsulting not to buy some

(if we don't have already)

Guest sprout1883
Saw a post to the board asking the question of we will have bands as a mark of respect. in my opionion it would be rude not too, he was a football god.  :whistle:

A proper band shows more respect, not that tape didnt mean no respect was shown.

But for a cost of maybe £300 it would be unsulting not to buy some

(if we don't have already)

How hard is it to have 16 decent black armbds als captain style armbands.

The black tape looks shoddy, and if anything looks disrespectful in a way.

Just started watching the Leeds v Sunderland game & noticed (as is the case with a lot of teams) the so called black arm bands worn as a mark of respect to Mr. Clough is black insulation tape wrapped shodily around each players' arm.

Is a reel of black insulation tape a vital part of every clubs kit, or is there enough money in football now to invest in proper arm bands to show respect?

To make it a City topic, I hope we have at least 16 slightly more respectful arm bands in the kit, God forbid having to use them, but no doubt inevitable at some stage, than the afore mentioned reel of insulation tape.

Yeah but they weren't too keen on him in that part of the world, didnt he have a controversial 40 days or something at Leeds back in the 70s. I think a minutes silence before kick off at all grounds would be appropriate - it won't happen though cos he gave the finger to the FA that many times.

Guest Tom Taylor

Utterly thoughtless. What if the floodlights had failed? There could have been a desperate search for black insulation tape only to find that it was all wound around the players' arms.

Archived