IGNORED

A Left Winger We Need...

fRed

How much were we missing Aaron Brown today? Virtually all our attacks come from the right side with headless chicken Wilkshire all over the place.

Matt Hill is often going awol from defence, that's the difference from last season. Get Fortune in at Left Back and let Matty go on the wing if Bell/Goodfellow are not fit.

There's no way Wilkshire is a left winger, we saw last season that he was not as good on the right wing as in the centre, so he's certainly not in the correct position now.

:whistle:

How much were we missing Aaron Brown today?  Virtually all our attacks come from the right side with headless chicken Wilkshire all over the place.

Matt Hill is often going awol from defence, that's the difference from last season.  Get Fortune in at Left Back and let Matty go on the wing if Bell/Goodfellow are not fit.

There's no way Wilkshire is a left winger, we saw last season that he was not as good on the right wing as in the centre, so he's certainly not in the correct position now.

:whistle:

Think that's harsh, but yes Wilkshire cuts inside, which then leaves a gaping hole in the left hand side which leaves Matty exposed as proved today.

I'm guessing Tinman has given him license to do so, otherwise he wouldnt cut in or Tinman wouldnt be picking him?

Have you forgotten about Ayinsah?

WE DO NOT NEED A LEFT WINGER!....lets analyse the games in which Wilkshire played on the left shall we?

League games:

0-3 (A) Port Vale- whole team was awful apart from Luke, even Tins said he was our best player.

4-1 (H) Brentfrod- 2 goals and MoM yet again....not so bad so far i think

1-0 (A) Peterborough - Another great performance, could have scored a couple, and an assist.

5-0 (H) Stockport- Everyone was great, and Luke didnt really stand out but put in a good performance regardless.

1-4 (A) Bradford- I didnt go to this game so i cannot comment.

3-3 (H) Huddersfield- Poor first half, but played well in the 2nd, and actually scored his goal cutting in from the left.

So, 6 games 3 goals and a couple of assists.

Citys form without Luke:

4 games, 2 points

With Luke:

6 games, 10 points

Point made.

WE DO NOT NEED A LEFT WINGER!....lets analyse the games in which Wilkshire played on the left shall we?

League games:

0-3 (A) Port Vale- whole team was awful apart from Luke, even Tins said he was our best player.

4-1 (H) Brentfrod- 2 goals and MoM yet again....not so bad so far i think

1-0 (A) Peterborough - Another great performance, could have scored a couple, and an assist.

5-0 (H) Stockport- Everyone was great, and Luke didnt really stand out but put in a good performance regardless.

1-4 (A) Bradford- I didnt go to this game so i cannot comment.

3-3 (H) Huddersfield- Poor first half, but played well in the 2nd, and actually scored his goal cutting in from the left.

So, 6 games 3 goals and a couple of assists.

Citys form without Luke:

4 games, 2 points

With Luke:

6 games, 10 points

Point made.

Wilkshire cutting in from left = Gaping hole on Left Wing exposing Hill.

Point Made.

Someone to play on the left and maybe stay out there to keep a bit more of a defensive shape maybe?

Other point made.

Wilkshire cutting in from left = Gaping hole on Left Wing exposing Hill.

Point Made.

Someone to play on the left and maybe stay out there to keep a bit more of a defensive shape maybe?

Other point made.

Quite :whistle:

I'm not saying drop Wilkshire, keep him in the middle. In fact he was in the middle today, the left wing was left vacant.

Quite  :whistle:

I'm not saying drop Wilkshire, keep him in the middle.  In fact he was in the middle today, the left wing was left vacant.

Aye. Agreed.

That means dropping Orr/Tinnion or Doherty to make way for him. Having competition for players isn't always a good thing :me?:

We definitely need someone on the left who can run to the line and cross the ball - we miss Aaron. Hill isn't great at going forward and just about all our attacks went down the right - too predictable.

I guess we are playing to our strengths at the moment in terms of who is fit, but when Goodfellow and Bell are fit I would hope things would change. Wilkshire on the left worked well initially, but not today and not against Bradford.

Archived