IGNORED

Corners

oggysouthwest

When was the last time City scored from a corner ??

We had quite a few on saturday, but did not cause them any problems

It wasn't directly from a corner but Wilkshire scored one after a short corner against Barnsley a few weeks back I beleive.

Before that the last direct from a corner I can remember (or not remember really) was against someone last November (ish). Evening game can't remember who against, it was 0-0, in injury time, Tinman took a corner in front of the Atyeo on the Right hand side , Miller got on the end with his head and scored to give us a 1-0 victory.

goals per corner ratio we must one of it not the worst in this league!

Thought it was quite funny on saturday, the excited clapping for our first few pettering out to a few whimpers after about the 30th as everyone realised we are totally in effectual at them & we gain nothing from them. Maybe the main reason BT's after a target man?

It wasn't directly from a corner but Wilkshire scored one after a short corner against Barnsley a few weeks back I beleive.

Before that the last direct from a corner I can remember (or not remember really) was against someone last November (ish).  Evening game can't remember who against, it was 0-0, in injury time, Tinman took a corner in front of the Atyeo on the Right hand side , Miller got on the end with his head and scored to give us a 1-0 victory.

i think that was against Tranmere but not 100% sure! :city:

goals per corner ratio we must one of it not the worst in this league!

Thought it was quite funny on saturday, the excited clapping for our first few pettering out to a few whimpers after about the 30th as everyone realised we are totally in effectual at them & we gain nothing from them. Maybe the main reason BT's after a target man?

Probably. But then you've also got to ask yourself why the central defenders go forward for corners. Both Coles and Butler should be an aerial threat in the oppositions box but invariably put it over/wide/don't get a sniff of the ball.

Scooter Red

Guest Fleetstreetred

Perhaps for the same reason we concede from set pieces - a lack of height! Seriously, this is one of the smallest City teams I can remember in over 30 years. Lita, Hill and Smith are all quite short, Roberts and Murray are not exactly giants. Don't get me wrong, all 5 would be in my starting line up, but it means that Coles, Butler Orr etc have to work extra hard, not always with success. This might also explain the (otherwise curious) determination to sign yet another striker.

Guest bristolbred
Perhaps for the same reason we concede from set pieces - a lack of height!

People have been posting for two, if not three seasons about lack of height in the City line up, as well as our continuing inability to defend from set pieces!!!, :city:

Just hope that this time next year, we arn't all chatting about the same thing!!, :city:

Well i was surprised that Murray kept taking the left hand side corners on Monday as; even though he was floating them well, they were swinging out.

Now surley its easier to head a inswinging corner?? So why didn't Tinnion who is a small threat in the box take them?

I think we have managed to create some decent threats from short corners, where that isn't an option though I think it's obvious that Tinman should take corners on the right and either Murray or Wilkshire should take them on the left - to inswing em of course. Murray took all of em on the left on Sat and althought the delivery was good enuff but they are inevitably outswingers, which have to be easier to defend.

Archived