IGNORED

Severnside

beaverface

Ok I've got it, we create a football team called Greater Bristol Utd and all the fans from both City and Rovers who want a new stadium at Severnside support this new team, with all the diehard fans still following City and Rovers at Ashton Gate and the Mamory Ground respectively.

There will be no squabbling because this won't be a merger(City and Rovers will still exist), it will be a brand new club outside the boundaries of Bristol. There will be no debts and every fan will be able to have their say over who becomes the new manager, and a complete new team will be assembled before their very eyes.

Bristol(Greater Bristol) will get the stadium that all of Bristol has be crying out for and all the fans who want a new stadium can have their spanking new ground with a spanking new team.

Greater Bristol Utd's won't have any history, because after all, the club hasn't gained promotion or relegation or had any famous cup runs, and isn't associated with any local communities or generations of fans.

In fact, because Bristol isn't quite a hotbed of football fans, let's just move Greater Bristol Utd another 400miles up the road to Newvastle where the fans are a little bit more passionate, and this shouldn't be a problem because all the City fans who follow Greater Bristol Utd will support this team regardless, after all they'll follow them regardless, whether it's Newcastle or Gloucestershire.

That sounds a brilliant idea. You should post this on the Steve L forum, cos i've got a feeling that if you get in now, this could be the answer.

I personally would have to follow the new team as I can't get pathetically irate over this issue, hence, I can't be a 'diehard'; the shame of it all.

Who do you think our first signing will be? Mark Robins or Gazza? :(

Guest wishbone

What's all this #### about fans with no passion?

There's no mystique about Newcastle United.

Slag off the fans, the players, the ground, the manager - some people are only happy when they're moaning.

Cheer up, get behind the team & stop being so negative.

Come on you Reds!

Wishbone

<br /> Can you clarify this point please Neo...

Do you think the Severnside issue is not worthy of intense supporter emotion?

Certainly will clarify. I believe fans should have intense emotions as you put it about the subject if they so wish.

What I don't like about this post and previous ones over the last day or so is the inference that people like myself (who aren't so bothered about the outcome) aren't real fans of the club and need to be more proactive to show we care.

Such quotes along the lines of us diehards will watch City and the rest of you go and watch "Happy Clappy" Bristol United is showing a blind refusal to accept the fact that you can be a city fan and still take a more relaxed opinion of the situation.

Wishbone has probably summed up my feelings better than I have above i.e. stop the criticising other fans bit and stop pigeon-holing fellow supporters.

Clearer explanation OpenEnd? :Confused13:

Archived