IGNORED

Bristol Rovers' Planning Application

City Rocker

As a resident of Horfield and a neighbour of the Memorial 'Stadium' (a pleasant residential locality, let down only by the influx of strange surly-looking bearded men in donkey jackets every other Saturday), I've received a very nice letter from Bristol Rovers (1883) Ltd to tell me that they're about to submit plans to the local authority to improve and develop the Memorial 'Stadium'.

Apparently the development will increase match-day capacity by approximately 40% (surely no need?) :o They go on to say that they hope to include facilities for use by local people on non match-days. Quote: "This will ensure that some degree of ownership is achieved to allow the stadium to become an integral part of the community".

Now I don't mind having Bristol Rovers as my neighbours, but I don't want them coming round borrowing cups of sugar or inviting me to frickin coffee mornings thank you very much! As neighbours go, we're not even on nodding terms to tell you the truth. I don't want any degree of ownership, and the best way the 'stadium' could become "an integral part of the community" would be to demolish it and build a nice pub and an Indian restaurant and perhaps a pizzeria.

They assure me they want to consider my views and have invited me to an informal open evening at the stadium where plans will be displayed.

What should I do?

Yours,

Concerned of Horfield :D

Archived