IGNORED

Ldv Draw Is Ironic

Southport Red

I find it quite ironic that we have drawn Franchise FC in the next round of the LDV when we are ourselves being talked about in terms of 'Franchise'. Like it or not (and in my case it's 'not') football is a business and money talks. If you were to invent footbal from scratch today to ensure it was very successful you would ensure that your new teams were placed in all the major urban conurbations.

It is not surprising that the money men are looking at Bristol, Sheffield (Good morning Mr Bates) et al. Leeds and Braford are basket cases but Wednesday and Bristol could support Premiership teams. I don't like it but what happens in America usually happens here later, this franhising is common in the USA and now, with Wimbledon its happening here. Despite the business plan we've seen not being up to much this issue won't go away, if it's not McGuire it will be someone else (BTW if McGuire realy has VC contacts then that ISN'T his business plan, it will be a lot more sophisticated that that trust me).

So, we don't like it but, at the end of the day I suspect the economics of having first class football in the West country - Cheltenham anyone?, speak for themselves, watch this space (and, it might ACTUALLY work!)

I find it quite ironic that we have drawn Franchise FC in the next round of the LDV when we are ourselves being talked about in terms of 'Franchise'.  Like it or not (and in my case it's 'not') football is a business and money talks.  If you were to invent footbal from scratch today to ensure it was very successful you would ensure that your new teams were placed in all the major urban conurbations.

It is not surprising that the money men are looking at Bristol, Sheffield (Good morning Mr Bates) et al.  Leeds and Braford are basket cases but Wednesday and Bristol could support Premiership teams.  I don't like it but what happens in America usually happens here later, this franhising is common in the USA and now, with Wimbledon its happening here.  Despite the business plan we've seen not being up to much this issue won't go away, if it's not McGuire it will be someone else (BTW if McGuire realy has VC contacts then that ISN'T his business plan, it will be a lot more sophisticated that that trust me).

So, we don't like it but, at the end of the day I suspect the economics of having first class football in the West country - Cheltenham anyone?, speak for themselves, watch this space (and, it might ACTUALLY work!)

No offence but this post is completely unintelligible.

No offence but this post is completely unintelligible.

None taken :)

BUt why is it unintelligible? It is written in English, it doesn't rample (overmuch). The point is that football nowadays = money, Bristol is a large place with a lot of people, if you were starting the Premiership from scratch (which if the US-style Franchise really takes off is effectively what WOULD happen) then you would place a Premiership team in Bristol.

Bristol is a large, wealthy City with a populopus that has above UK average amounts of disposable income so the money men will want to create a Premiership team there and they (one day) will.

Get it now?

None taken :)

BUt why is it unintelligible?  It is written in English, it doesn't rample (overmuch).  The point is that football nowadays = money, Bristol is a large place with a lot of people, if you were starting the Premiership from scratch (which if the US-style Franchise really takes off is effectively what WOULD happen) then you would place a Premiership team in Bristol.

Bristol is a large, wealthy City with a populopus that has above UK average amounts of disposable income so the money men will want to create a Premiership team there and they (one day) will.

Get it now?

Thanks for the good-natured clarification. After reading both posts, I now have a clearer idea of what you are going on about.

Still struggling though with ideas such as "urban conurbations", "franhising", "Cheltenham anyone?" (perhaps this is a rural conurbation) "Wednesday and Bristol could support Premiership teams" and "populopus" (is this the name of the man running the FA now?). But good to know that you weren't rampling. Unlike Charlotte.

All the best,

RZ

Guest MaloneFM

Southport..its old Roger...just come off air.

Have we got Wimbledon my dear boy? Is it home or away? And when?

You see I have a young...'nephew' in those parts and I may stay with him.

Young Richard sends his love... :)

Archived