IGNORED

Robbo

Wardie

Guest kendal_red

I have no problem with Robbo infact I think hes a real trier but I remember reading on hear a few weeks ago people slagging tinns off because the rumours said he'd lost the dressing room,now he makes a stance & drops a player & he's getting slated again,the bloke can't win :blush:

Guest smarty
As usual with Robbo, on here never let the facts stop a good arguement eh??

First up:Robbo, didnt get picked, probably cos he threw the shirt down, s'called punishment for misbehaviour..something s whole bunch of people here probably never heard of!! Duh!!! He will have the sulk as all pros who wanna play don't, cos they get a rollocking!!!

Second Up: Who the hell ever beleives what they read in the Brizzle (Or any other) rags, hacks trying to make a name, and probably read some of the kerrrrrrrrrrrrap posted on here!!

Third Up: Tins has said Robbo aint going nowhere, and its up to him to prove hes worth picking!!!!!

Now that should put a few (read 98% of the pro and anti Robbo) posts to f eckin bed...

I thank you............. :wub:  :blush:  :city:

Can you change your graphic at the bottom of your messages. It's bloody anoying cos it causes scrolling to go really slowly.

robbo jus needs of set of game in one position and he proved invuluable at the end of last season with six goals in 8 games all the bloke needs is the welsh hating *******s to get of his back and give him a chance!!!!!!!!! he is a good welshman!!!!!!!!!!!!      and that is what robbo feels like cus he hasnt had a chance.

He's been in his favourite possition for the previous four games. and got one goal, played pretty well in the home games, and indifferent in the away games. He aint that special, It has nothing to do with him being welsh, he just has a bad attitude and needs to grow up. Do you see any other player who gets subbed acting like him? no, in the Huddersfield game, things needed to change, we needed to try something different because what was on the field wasn't working. As it turned out, the changes worked. i've been watching the city for nearly forty years and can't remember any player behaving like he has in all that time.

Guest kendal_red

Maybe hes acting like that because of the was hes been treated?? like I said earlier I'm not his biggest fan but I think the blokes a tryer & deserves better

Maybe hes acting like that because of the was hes been treated?? like I said earlier I'm not his biggest fan but I think the blokes a tryer & deserves better

"he needs to get his head down and make me pick him" - a Mr B Tinnion.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~572348,00.html

Says it all really.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA

I belive that Robbo is not getting the chance to prove himself, (As i keep repeating myself) City did not need to strenghen the attack, There are other issues that need to be sorted ie Defence, Midfield ! What is the point in City scoring goals when we keep getting goals put past our own defence.Whether or not Robbo stays will be up to him, I know that he will not be the first to go though ! There is alot of unrest at Ashton Gate at the moment ! :blush:

Guest kendal_red

A.G Is a bed of unrest at the moment,lets hope to god they get it sorted,Cant ever remember us been like this,maybe with the Ashton Gate 8 & we don't want to go back to those days

Oh well, ok i do talk about robbo a lot on here, but that is only because the topic of robbo is brought up on this forum a lot so i feel I'm allowed to air my views about him, when he's gone ok, i wont talk about him anymore, everyone has their favourite player and robbo is one of mine :city:  :blush:

You won't be going on about him anymore when he's gone?

Well i will. I'll be reminding the Robbo haters on here just how well he's doing at a new club where the fans appreciate him - because he will do well.

I reckon he'll go from strength to strength without these knockers on his back every game. These hecklers have gone a long way to hounding a very good player out of the Club.

It will be a disgrace if City let him go cheaply to the gas or one of our rivals.

Probably because he'll be playing a lower level of football maybe!?  :blush:

Maybe, someone commented on him moving locally - there arent that many teams in this division that can be counted as local, Swindon? The rest are all lower divisions, Cheltenham/Rovers/Exeter - only Plymouth (???) are higher....

He's going nowhere.

Apparently.

I belive that Robbo is not getting the chance to prove himself, (As i keep repeating myself) City did not need to strenghen the attack, There are other issues that need to be sorted ie Defence, Midfield ! What is the point in City scoring goals when we keep getting goals put past our own defence.Whether or not Robbo stays will be up to him, I know that he will not be the first to go though ! There is alot of unrest at Ashton Gate at the moment !  :wub:

Steady Damien, revolution in the air!!!! How dare you sir??? :whistle:Here at the Gate??? Surely not here at the theatre of dreams?? :blush::city:

He's right though..the defence is the problem, a serious problem.

BUT the other point here is that the ENTIRE team is not playing together as a team, more like a group of players...witness the arguing amongst themselves....there lies another, possibly the main problem this season, Not the Robbo/Lita/Miller/Heff/Gilly/Brooker is best rollox, or even the defensive "performances"- I really don't think the team has that spark, yet!!

As to why I aint got a scooby, but I wish to tut tut they woulkd bloody well find it!!!!!! Like now would be good!!

Guest bristolbred
maybe i'm not old enough to rememeber?? coudl somebody tell what the ashotn gate 8 is please

The Ashton Gate Eight!!.

On 21st, October, 1981, Bristol City directors announced that the club was over £700,000 in debt. By the end of January, 1982 the financial situation was getting worse, and closure seemed imminent, and a new company, Bristol City (1982) Plc was formed to rescue the club. This takeover innitially was dependent on the acceptence of Redundancy by eight leading players;

Peter Aitken,

Chris Garland,

Jimmy Mann,

Julian Marshall,

Geoff Merrick,

David Rodgers,

Gerry Sweeney, and

Trevor Tainton.

These players were on high wages, and legnthy contracts.

They were dubbed the "Ashton Gate 8".

And they eventually accepted an improved redundancy offer an hour before the mid-day deadline on the 2nd, February, 1982. (some say it was 7 mins!!)

The eight shared £82,500, which included the proceeds from a special match that was played between Ipswich Town and Southampton.

:city::blush:

Probably because he'll be playing a lower level of football maybe!?  :blush:

But he won't will he - it may have escaped your notice but the confirmed interest in Roberts has come from Blackpool and Port Vale.

Andy King at Swindon is also a known admirer, so that's 3 teams in our division who would like him.

With that level of interest he will most likely not be playing in a lower level and i would back him to succeed at any of these clubs.

I take it that you would have absolutely no concerns at the prospect of Roberts playing for Swindon against City at the County Ground later in the season?

I would, i much preferred seeing him scoring there for us.

Archived