IGNORED

Not Good Enough!

Cider red

Seeing as i have just had a very long post deleted by my pc i will post a shorter version.Bloody pcs!! :@

The first half today was NOT GOOD ENOUGH , long ball rubbish that was worse than in the pulis days , at least under him we werent this far down the league! Smiths tackle was carreer threatening and he had to be sent off , orr turned out to be a MUCH better right back anyway. The penalty was phillips coming out when it wasnt neccesary to and he brought the bloke down. The second half saw some inspired substitutions by tinnion and orr and fortune sured the defence up , Butler is the weak link i'm afraid , i've been saying this since last season and he was awfull , he is useless. (and beleive me i would use much more strong word if it wasnt for the darned swear filter! But for now donkey , useless giving away free kick monkey wil have to do!) Second half orr played a blinder at right back , for some reason the innefective lita was left on at left midfield??? Fortune , infact the whole back four played well today.(the second half back four that is!) Murrays goal was great , combining with orr down the right to fire home a curling left footed shot into the bottom corner , coles's goal was all down to the hard working brooker , he won the corner before becoming the decoy as 3 chesterfield players marked him, he made sure they all missed the ball and coles coming in late finnished superbly. The defence then had to withstand a lot of chesterfield pressure which was defended superbly. There goal was down to the fact that we were nackered from having ten men.

Player ratings....

Phillips 6 , shouldnt have given penalty away and maybe could have done better for there second goal.

Smith , 1 , awfull tackle , looked like he was going to be skinned by there left winger all game anyway.

Coles 8 , solid at the back , took goal well.

Hill , 7 , looked much better as centre back in second half , solid and organised back line well.

Butler 3 , rubbish , giving away to many free kicks ,this guy is past it and is a liability.

Murray 8, Very dangerous down the right wing on the counter attack , goal was superb.

tommy 5 , innefective and annonymous , whem he did get the ball he wasted it.

Tinnion , 4 innefective and did little that i can remember.

Wilkshire , 6 ,showed he's not a left winger , didn't have much to do but didnt do much wrong when he had the ball.

Brooker , 8 , held the ball up well , he's strong ,aggressive , hard working , and showed a turn of pace too , he is very different to what we've got , i liked what i saw today.

lita 6 , innefective but did okay seeing as he was on the left wing for most of the second half.

subs :

clayton , 8 did very well in winning headers and showed that he is 100 times better than butler!

Orr 8 , he showed today why he played at right back for newcastle reserves , he was composed , can tackle , works well going forward too , twice the player smith will ever be and he may just have won the right back spot on this performance.

Belly , didnt do much so i wont comment.

Basically the performance wasnt up to scratch and i will give tinns another 3 games to prove he can turn things around i said i would give him 10 to 15 games before i judge him and its not looking good. we have THE BEST squad of players in the division by miles but are massively under acheiving. Tinnion has inherited the squad of players that took us 3rd under wilson two years in a row and has improved it considerably with his signings , but the tactics just don't seem to be right. Today was long ball rubbish and thats not what tinns promised when he took over , i feel the board were neive to give a rookie manager the job when there is so much pressure to win promotion this year and didnt think things through clearly enough when they sacked wilson. This division is diabolical , at the moment so are we , BRENTFORD are second for gods sake!! They are poo! We have much better players than them. What worries me is that we DON'T looke like a team , we look like a bunch of individuals. This makes me question tinnions motivational skills , and i doubt very much wether he can turn it around. Sorry tinns mate , you've been a great servant to this club , but the way we are playing under you as a MANAGER just isnt up to standard , and unless it improves you will have to go.

Guest bristolbred
Player ratings....

Phillips 6 , should have given penalty away and maybe could have done better for there second goal.

I'm pleased to read that he should of given the penalty away, as opposed to not giving one away, so in that context, Chesterfield deserved to go 1-0 up!!, :)

I must say I think you are completely speaking tosh, but then I suppose everyone is allowed to have an opinion, even if it does seem completely ridiculous.

Instead of telling me what i've written is tosh why don't you tell me what you disagree with in my post , wouldnt that be a more constructive way to do things?

Instead of telling me what i've written is tosh why don't you tell me what you disagree with in my post , wouldnt that be a more constructive way to do things?

OK I will. I fail to see how saying Tinnion made inspired substitutions and then say he didn't do anything of note makes no sense. And I am not sure how you gave Lita 2 more in the ratings than you gave Tinnion, and why Murray or Orr didn't even get ratings is beyond me. I thought they played very well, but to give them no rating at all suggests a rating of 0 (less than Smith I may add).

But I must agree that Orr played better than Smith at right back, and that our second half display was a lot better.

OK I will.  I fail to see how saying Tinnion made inspired substitutions and then say he didn't do anything of note makes no sense.  And I am not sure how you gave Lita 2 more in the ratings than you gave Tinnion, and why Murray or Orr didn't even get ratings is beyond me.  I thought they played very well, but to give them no rating at all suggests a rating of 0 (less than Smith I may add). 

But I must agree that Orr played better than Smith at right back, and that our second half display was a lot better.

Woops , i meant to give murray and orr both 8 rating , they were miles better than smith , i would have thought you could have gathered that from my post but never mind.

Guest bristolbred

And that i still believe that Tin's, no matter what your personal view of the man is, is allowed that same length of time that Wilson had, to build up a team that he wants, plays to his style and needs, and that when they do push for promotion, thaey are strong enough to stay up!!.

Ok, we are not doing well, we would all love the team to be doing better, so lets hope for a bright future!!, :)

Guest Harry May

I did n't go today - so your opinions are valid.

But what I will say is that Tony Butler was fantastic against Duncan Fergusen in the Everton game - and that there were very strong rumours that he was carrying an injury today.

Caldicot Red.

But what I will say is that Tony Butler was fantastic against Duncan Fergusen in the Everton game - and that there were very strong rumours that he was carrying an injury today.

Caldicot Red.

Nor did i attend todays game. I have it on very strong rumour that Butler shouldnt be playing if injuried and that Smith is not yet good enough for BCFC, perhaps later but i very much doubt it on what i have seen of him.

Well played (2nd half)

ureds

Caldicot Red.

The thing is butler has been the weak link in our defence for all of last season and now , he gives away far too many free kicks , cant tackle , does dodgy passes across his own goal , and despite what everyone says about his arial "presence" , he cannot head the ball.

The thing is butler has been the weak link in our defence for all of last season and now , he gives away far too many free kicks , cant tackle , does dodgy passes across his own goal , and despite what everyone says about his arial "presence" , he cannot head the ball.

I agree Butler isn't the rock he supposedly is, and his age is starting to show. I say give Fortune a chance in the centre, with Orr at right back (or Amankwaah).

Archived