IGNORED

Are We Really Better Than Other Teams

aa_bcfc

Since pre season Tinnion and the coaches have continually stating that our squad is as good if not better than any in the division. Is this really true? the facts suggest otherwise. Defensively we are conceding far too many goals, the defenders surely cannot be among the best. In midfield we regularly see teams equally as good as us, all of the teams we have played recently have been as good (except Stockport). Up front we are probably equal to anyone.

I am losing confidence in our manafement and our players. Teams like Bradford and Chesterfield play us with patched up squads( Bradford) of full of free transfers (Chesterfield) dominate us for long periods. We cannot possibly be better than these teams, it speaks for itself.

I was not there but listening to the radio yesterday in the second half we seemed to be whacking the ball down the pitch, the ball kept coming back keeping us under what seemed constant pressure. In a good team who are supposed to be better than the rest their class would have allowed them to at times pass it around to take pressure off.

We continue to be a bunch of overated, underachieving platers. If they are better than the rest it is about time they started showing it.

I'm getting fed up with this football club

YES - On our day we can beat anyone in this Division, we have proved we can give most of the Championship a game as well so yes I beleive we are a cut above the rest of the division, we can afford players many of them can oly dream about and must have the largest squad in the Div ?

But ! It isn't "our day" often enough, we are wildly inconsistent e.g we thrash someone 4-1 one week and then lose by the same margin the next. Partly I think this is due to the new manager learning the trde and partly to some of the the players not always performing how they can. I will be disappointed if we don't acheive a top 2 finsh this season ,and flabergasted if we finish outside the top 6.

We have a run of 3 home league games in early Nov, we must be looking for max points from them to get us top half and get the season going. Anything less than 7 and I don't think we'll manage auto promotion

Guest bristolbred
Not quite as easy as that.

I have been watching City for 47 years

Then you've seen the Atyeo era, :D

Players like Clark, Galley, Gibson, :wub:

The Dicks Years, and the First Division, :D

1982, :blush:

Rebuilding under Cooper, ;)

So, you know more than anybody that Bristol City is a club that has always enjoyed success and failure, highs and lows, good and bad.

We are just going through a purple patch, where fans have high expectation, as we have nearly been succesful in going up and now there is a lot of weight on Tinnions shoulders, as everyone feels that if he does not eclipse Wilson, then he's a failure, when the real failure was the negitive team sent out to play in the play-off final.

We've had good managers and coaches in the past, and we have had bad ones too!!, likewise we have had some good quality players as well as our fair share of donkies.

It will come good again if we are all patient, but unlike the past glory years, money is more of an issue, as we can't allow ourselves to get further into debt.

To be a City fan is to endure the roller coaster of a ride that never seems fulfill expectation, but at least from our current prediciment the only way is up!!, ;)

:city:

Then you've seen the Atyeo era, :D

Players like Clark, Galley, Gibson,  :wub:

The Dicks Years, and the First Division,  :D

1982,  :blush:

Rebuilding under Cooper,  ;)

So, you know more than anybody that Bristol City is a club that has always enjoyed success and failure, highs and lows, good and bad.

We are just going through a purple patch, where fans have high expectation, as we have nearly been succesful in going up and now there is a lot of weight on Tinnions shoulders, as everyone feels that if he does not eclipse Wilson, then he's a failure, when the real failure was the negitive team sent out to play in the play-off final.

We've had good managers and coaches in the past, and we have had bad ones too!!, likewise we have had some good quality players as well as our fair share of donkies.

It will come good again if we are all patient, but unlike the past glory years, money is more of an issue, as we can't allow ourselves to get further into debt.

To be a City fan is to endure the roller coaster of a ride that never seems fulfill expectation, but at least from our current prediciment the only way is up!!,  ;)

:city:

I remember the 1st Division days, then tumbling down the leagues and the subsequent high turnover of managers (Houghton, Hodgson, etc). Those were indeed dark days and totally unprecedented. However, since then and until this one, each season has been met with enthusiasm and optimism in varying degrees. However, upon Tinnion's appointment by Lansdown, my enthusiasm and optimism for the future of this club disappeared for the very first time.

No logic to the appointment (I say again - 'passion', 'coaching badges' and 'ee's a legend' are not good enough). This blatant cost-cutting has condemned us to another season in this dung-heap of a division. Having patience is all very well but is anyone going to be happy next August watching City kick off their 7th season in this division? Money is being spent on players we just don't need when the ones who almost got us there last year were allowed to walk out of the door. We missed automatic promotion by 1 point yet now we will be lucky to finish in the top half.

By the time this season has finished, 18 promotion places will have been filled and not one of them by Bristol City during our time in it. We had something like 6 full houses for our last few home games last season and 35,000+ at Cardiff. Now, even Tranmere are getting bigger home attendances than us!!

Lansdown, please put the 'For Sale' signs up and let someone else have a go. You've done your best but it just isn't good enough.

Archived