IGNORED

England V W Germany. Italia 90.

sirscrumpton

Anyone else see it?

Got to admit it brought back bad memories. I was only 9 at the time and italia 90 was the first football tournament i remember watching. No matter how many times i see the game/goals/highlights i still can't help but think we are going to win that game.

Will we ever get it right? What did other people think about it and what are your memries of it?

Anyone else see it?

Got to admit it brought back bad memories.  I was only 9 at the time and italia 90 was the first football tournament i remember watching.  No matter how many times i see the game/goals/highlights i still can't help but think we are going to win that game.

Will we ever get it right?  What did other people think about it and what are your memries of it?

I was a tender 6 during Italia '90. But don't immediately think that I don't know or appreciate that night.

I have been a football nut longer than I can remember, I had already completed the Pannini Sticker Collection by then! I was out in the field trying to save like Shilton score like Platt's vs. Belgium etc and more importantly I was living in West Germany on that very evening!!!!!!!

Due to the fact I lived there I have no major hatred for the Germans because I know the overwhelming majority of them are nice folk! But DEAR LORD I love beating them!

I think our 5-1 murder of them redeemed Euro '96 in my mind (because it was on there soil) but we've yet to gain revenge them in the the 1990 stakes and I see Germany '06 as our chance!!!!

Bobby Robson created such a great team that summer and we should have been in that final ... Whether we'd have beat the Argies is another matter.

Funny to see players who were in that squad that now are a distant memory in football fans minds!!!!!

Steve Hodge (ex-Nottingham Forest)

David Rocastle (Sadly has passed on since)

even Old Division 2 star Steve Bull was there!!!!

Memories!

Archived