IGNORED

More To Go?

GrahamC

With the likely imminent departure of Christian Roberts and 5 other players currently out on loan, I wonder if this is either an attempt to try to balance the books or to clear the decks some more to bring in the defensive signing we clearly need.

I hope that it is the latter, but if so we still have plenty of others that need to be moved on before we have a sensible sized squad for this level.

Darren Hawkins and Sekani Simpson for instance are on their second seperate loan spells under two different managers without ever getting near the first team so I cannot see either of them having long term futures with us.

Another thing is that we have 4 players who can play left back, Hill, Bell, Fortune and Woodman. I know Woodman is on loan at Mansfield (it wouldn't surprise me at all if that deal becomes permanent) but even if he returns we cannot accomodate all four in our squad, I wouldn't have offered Bell a deal last season myself,(far too much of the "cozy club" for a player who has been operating on diminishing returns for about 3 years) but we did, so he has to be taken into consideration.

I can see the same thing happening with Marc Goodfellow at Port Vale, Wilkshire, Orr and now Scott Brown all appear ahead of him in the midfield pecking order and also Scottie's return from Reading means he is unlikely to be a first teamer in the future in my view.

The other player who may be on his way I reckon is Tony Butler, personally I think that he's been a very useful signing for us, but as his contract expires in the summer, he's Cheshire based and plays in the very position that we need to look to improve in, should the likes of Blackpool or Stockport want him, I reckon a move would probably suit all parties.

What is clear is that having conceded 20 goals already in the League (it was just 30 in the entire season last year!)we need to do something to sort our defensive record to turn high scoring draws into wins.

Seems you got your wish on the defender front.

Wouldn't like to see Woody go as I really rate him. Like to see Freezer return rejuvenated from PV and play as an out and winger with Wilkshire moving inside. Murray and Freezer running at players would really get the crowd excited. Having said that Freezer has only really impressed coming on as a sub, but not really sure how many games he's actually played on the left wing though.

Wouldn't like to see Woody go as I really rate him.  Like to see Freezer return rejuvenated from PV and play as an out and winger with Wilkshire moving inside.  Murray and Freezer running at players would really get the crowd excited.  Having said that Freezer has only really impressed coming on as a sub, but not really sure how many games he's actually played on the left wing though.

Who would you drop in the middle RAF?

Is this such a wrong thing in shifting players out? The majority of the current squad havent been good enough to get us out of this division maybe it's time to move them on and bring in new players. I for one wont be to disheartened at the sight of a few players leaving.

Who would you drop in the middle RAF?

I would love to see a midfield 4 of Murray and Freezer on the wings and Wilks & Doc in the centre with Orr/Tins as impact subs. This has the added advantage of having the manager able to manage rather than play. No offence intended but Millen is the match manager and Tins is the weekday manager - I don't think this works

Is this such a wrong thing in shifting players out? The majority of the current squad havent been good enough to get us out of this division maybe it's time to move them on and bring in new players.  I for one wont be to disheartened at the sight of a few players leaving.

Exactly, half a million pounds+ for Miller/Goody/Heff/Roberts and they cant hold down a first team position.Tins/Butler are patchy, and Orr is being run all over the park trying to cover the gaps. We have great kids available in Lita,Gillespie,Scott Brown,Harley,and Golbourne. I think Tins wants to keep Miller/Heff to cover for Brooker/Lita, expensive subs. Perhaps we should get some new talent scouts who don't have a white stick and a guide dog.

Guest wishbone

I too would like to see Goodfellow given another go.

He seemed very exciting during the brief chance he was given.

Woodman is apparently making a really favoirable impression up here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. :dunno:

Wouldn't like to see Woody go as I really rate him.  Like to see Freezer return rejuvenated from PV and play as an out and winger with Wilkshire moving inside.  Murray and Freezer running at players would really get the crowd excited.  Having said that Freezer has only really impressed coming on as a sub, but not really sure how many games he's actually played on the left wing though.

A Murray, Doherty, Wilkshire, Goodfellow midfield four is far too lightweight IMO, look at the Chesterfield match, Wilkshire subbed off because it was too physical, imagine adding Freezer to that,teams would just walk through us.

Tom's utter lack of mobility and stamina means that he has to be partnered by Bradley Orr or a better version of that style of player.

As for Woody if he comes back we still have 4 left backs, I still think retaining Bell was a waste of contract money.

Exactly, half a million pounds+ for Miller/Goody/Heff/Roberts and they cant hold down a first team position.Tins/Butler are patchy, and Orr is being run all over the park trying to cover the gaps. We have great kids available in Lita,Gillespie,Scott Brown,Harley,and Golbourne. I think Tins wants to keep Miller/Heff to cover for Brooker/Lita, expensive subs. Perhaps we should get some new talent scouts who don't have a white stick and a guide dog.

the two scotts[brown and golborne]seem to be impressing on a weekly basis,both are youth internationals for england,and judging by the comments made by tins and millen on the main site,they are going to be used sooner rather than later...one a left sided defender midfielder,the other a right sided midfield attack....certainly worth a go don,t you think?

don't forget there is a lot of difference between England U17 and league football(just ask Marvin Brown) you don't want to chuck a 16 year old kiddie into the team which could make him or knock his confidence for good just cause he is young dosnt mean he is next rooney!!

fair point...i doubt if there is much difference between england under 19 and 1st team football though,and scott brown played in that standard last year

Archived