IGNORED

Least Popular 11

cider hoss rules

Given the topic of who will be the next in line to be booed regularly, who can come up with a team we all loved to hate during their time at city ?

Be best if the players had now left (CR can be included as it appears to be a done deal)

A manager can also be named.

I look forward to some interesting replies.

Given the topic of who will be the next in line to be booed regularly, who can come up with a team we all loved to hate during their time at city ?

Be best if the players had now left (CR can be included as it appears to be a done deal)

A manager can also be named.

I look forward to some interesting replies.

Here's three...

Scott McGarvey and Ian Baird up front

David Rennie anchoring midfield (never did owt wrong in my eyes but always booed)

Mike Fricker as chairman. Anyone else remember the time he came out to do the half time draw and had to leave the pitch because people would not stop booing him?

And Sam Mason as the half time announcer. I remember her being booed after saying Rovers were drawing "and let's hope it stays that way". She then started screaming "Well, if you're going to act like that I won't bother reading out the rest of the scores!" before storming off.

There are some bizarre replies here. Lumsden was a terrific assisstant/coach to Jordan in the 89/90 season as was David Rennie a superb player in that season. He went on to play at the top level in two positions. Mike Hooper went onto play for Newcastle and Liverpool. If you are talking poor players then you should be thinking of the likes, Brian Mitchell,Russell Bromage, Ian Leigh in goal. What about Rod McAree, Colin Loss in midfield? Wayne Bray? Steve Johnson aka Rambo!?! Errington Kelly up front?

There are some bizarre replies here. Lumsden was a terrific assisstant/coach to Jordan in the 89/90 season as was David Rennie a superb player in that season. He went on to play at the top level in two positions. Mike Hooper went onto play for Newcastle and Liverpool. If you are talking poor players then you should be thinking of the likes, Brian Mitchell,Russell Bromage, Ian Leigh in goal. What about Rod McAree, Colin Loss in midfield? Wayne Bray? Steve Johnson aka Rambo!?! Errington Kelly up front?

I hear you on the Lumsden/Rennie things but this is supposed to be a least popular 11, a decent player can still be unpopular....just look at Robbo :huh:

And Sam Mason as the half time announcer. I remember her being booed after saying Rovers were drawing "and let's hope it stays that way". She then started screaming "Well, if you're going to act like that I won't bother reading out the rest of the scores!" before storming off.

What a bad memory that is. Sam Mason prancing around the pitch yelling random things at us and the away fans. Barmy, totally barmy. Undoubtedly the worst marketing idea the club has ever had.

"

There are some bizarre replies here. Lumsden was a terrific assisstant/coach to Jordan in the 89/90 season as was David Rennie a superb player in that season. He went on to play at the top level in two positions. Mike Hooper went onto play for Newcastle and Liverpool. If you are talking poor players then you should be thinking of the likes, Brian Mitchell,Russell Bromage, Ian Leigh in goal. What about Rod McAree, Colin Loss in midfield? Wayne Bray? Steve Johnson aka Rambo!?! Errington Kelly up front?"

Russell Bromage? I remember him as a steady, popular player. Do you remember things differently?

Aaah yes, but don't forget, you don't have to be a crap player to get booed at the Gate. It doesnt work like that! I totally agree wrt to Rennie. He was an excellent player, and prob won 99.999% of near post flick-headers from corners that season. Jordan had him in the team to do a specific job, anchoring the midfield, and he excelled at it. He was regularly booed though by a sizeable minority 'who know best', and left 'with his tail between his legs'........to Coventry, who at the time were in the top flight! Sweet justice for him I thought.

Phil Kite, rubbish and Gas, what a combination, and to think Osman got rid of that very nice man Andy Leaning (he always makes a point of saying how much he enjoyed being at BCFC when he is interviewed) to get that sag in.

Richard Dryden, rubbish and Gas,hang on, I can see a trend developing here......

Okay, here is the deifintive list.............

GK. Steve Phillips (undoubtedly a great keeper but always suffers the wrath of the boo-boys when the jitters set in)

RB. Gerard "Fan-beater" Lavin

CB. Gus Ceaser - say no more!

CB. Sean Dyche

LB. Mickey Bell - always slated for being overweight and not trying

RW. Junior "End Product" Bent

CM. Joe "bits and pieces, mostly bits" Burnell

CM. Carl "The next Ruud Guillit" Hutchings

LW. Brian "played when he was ill" Tinion

CF. Ian "V-signs" Baird

CF. Steve "Perma-tan" Jones

assistant coach yes, but manager ??

did bring Jacki in though to his credit,

lasting memory of his reign was coming back from forest away, ending ip in a traffic jam on the motorway and joining in with the "all hate jimmy lumsden" chant with everyone else stuck in the traffic !!!!!!!!!! bizzare

Okay, here is the deifintive list.............

GK. Steve Phillips (undoubtedly a great keeper but always suffers the wrath of the boo-boys when the jitters set in)

RB.  Gerard "Fan-beater" Lavin

CB.  Gus Ceaser - say no more!

CB.  Sean Dyche

LB.  Mickey Bell -  always slated for being overweight and not trying

RW. Junior "End Product" Bent

CM. Joe "bits and pieces, mostly bits" Burnell

CM. Carl "The next Ruud Guillit" Hutchings

LW. Brian "played when he was ill" Tinion

CF. Ian "V-signs" Baird

CF. Steve "Perma-tan" Jones

Junior Bent, as I remember, never go booed. He was like Steve McManaman (only a lot crapper); he always threatened to do something exciting, but never actually delivered. His greatest skill was in chasing long balls, and steering them towards the corner flag. He would NEVER cut inside, or cross on-the-run, but would always lay the ball back. 100% predictable, esp in shooting, which was rare, and reliably off-target. Yet the fans down the Gate would find this acceptable. So long as it looks like your doing something, well, that seems to be OK. (Actually, he ran from the half-way line away at Swindle once and slotted home, but not much else other than that. He was certainly no better than CR.......).

Now Gus Caesar...that has to be the biggest fall-from-grace ever!

Archived