IGNORED

Whats Wrong?

Taz

Wilson has had time to build his squad. Most (if not all) of the deadwood from the Pre Wilson era has gone. This is Danny Wilsons squad. Peacock, Matthews, Roberts, Miller, Wilkshire, Butler all signings made by Danny Wilson.

After sticking with the Burnell/Doherty midfield pairing (which doesn't work), he eventually dismantled it (mainly due to injury/suspension). He has gone with the more creative pairing of Tinnion and Wilkshire.

Most of the first choice eleven are what most people on this forum have been crying out for, for gawd knows how long. Butler was dropped thanks to his poor form. Woodman was bought in, Amankwaah was bought in, Aaron Brown, Roberts (then dropped for some reason) and even Simon Clist has been given an oppurtunity lately!! Now if only he dropped Peacock for Lita for a few games.....

Anyway the point is this: Is Wilson really that bad a manager, or this squad so poor that certain players are incapable of playing with others in the starting lineup? Could it even be both?

Out of the LDV, thats not too bad. Out of the Carling Cup, bearable. Out of the F.A. Cup, well we were never going to win it anyway. There can be no more excuses, every game played from now until the end of the season is a league game (with the exception of Tinnions testamonial).

Mr Wilson, now is the time to kick YOUR squad up the ass and start getting some decent results. Nothing less than a win is good enough, no matter whether we are at home or away.

"We have been up against some terrific goalkeepers and defenders the past few games." Maybe, but maybe if your strikers started playing together (this includes Peacock and whoever Wilson picks to play along side him. Not just Peacocks best mate) then maybe we would start scoring a few more goals.

SIMON CLIST IS NOT A RIGHT SIDED MIDFIELDER. Wake up you idiot. Maybe you don't think that Roberts is the answer to the problem left by Murrays move to Reading, but I can assure you that Simon Clist is not the answer either.

I'm fed up.

" Out of the FA cup" Unfortunately it is more than that, Barnsley are one of the sides we are looking to overhaul to finish in an auto promo slot, I believe SL and the board will take note of that.

Same could be said for Plymouth in that case then. Being one of the many that listened to Steve's commentary on Saturday (very good as well may I add), it was obvious that he was not best pleased with the performance by the team and certain individuals in that game. I think the frustration was caused by more than just 90 minutes though.

Is Wilson really that bad a manager, or this squad so poor that certain players are incapable of playing with others in the starting lineup? Could it even be both?

It has been said often on here that Peacock can not play with Roberts.

I believe Peacock (I am not forgetting his goals contribution) struggles to play alongside anybody. I believe we must start with Miller and Roberts or Lita.

Before his bout of flu, everybody was raving about how well Miller and Roberts looked as a PARTNERSHIP. Just needs to be worked on and given a chance.

I think the fact that Wilson seems unwilling to try anybody up-front other than Peacock +1 and making decisions such as Clist on the right is definitely showing he has lost the plot. He is certainly being perceived as a bad manager as he stumbles from one confusing decision to another.

I have never said Wilson out yet, however, I am getting more convinced that we will not move forward until a change is made.

• Admin
"We have been up against some terrific goalkeepers and defenders the past few games."

Was this one of his quotes?

I've been so busy lately I must have missed this gem.

This seasons fare has largely been of a poor standard, by City and our opponents, which makes the fact that we aren't up there with QPR and Plymouth even harder to stomach.

Here are the average attendance figures for this season, look who is bottom and they are four places higher in the league than City (how can they survive on crowds of 3,600?), if I had the money I'd offer to pay up Wilsons contract now. He has bought poorly, his tactics are bemusing to say the least, as we approach the halfway point of the league season he has yet to settle on his preferred starting line up and formation.

Quite frankly its not good enough, I have yet to really enjoy a game this season (Ok-maybe the Notts Co. game), have yet to be entertained and have yet to leave a match feeling confident that this season will amount to promotion.

The players have to shoulder some of the resposibility and start behaving like professional athletes, but ultimately the buck stops with Wilson.

Sheffield Wednesday 22,079

Queens Park Rangers 14,479

Bristol City 11,197

Barnsley 10,107

Plymouth Argyle 9,917

Swindon Town 7,318

Tranmere Rovers 7,231

AFC Bournemouth 6,738

Brighton & Hove Alb 6,275

Oldham Athletic 6,098

Luton Town 5,936

Blackpool 5,750