IGNORED

We're Not Going To Do A Rovers Are We ?

headhunter

Blackpool's win at Oldham yesterday means we are only 3 points ahead of all but the bottom club in the league. Whilst we look to the top of the table and see Luton have what looks like an unassailable summit position even at this early stage and 2nd is best we could hope for we should look over our shoulders as the sepectre of a relegation fight is looming !

The next 6 league games are crucial and nothing less than 12 points will put is in contention for my pre-Christmas predicition of 4 points off a play-off position giving us a realistic chance of success in the 2nd half of the season.

Given our current inconsistency can you see us putting any sort of run together like we have had the past 2 seasons ans what we also did in 97/98 [we're 5 points worse off compared with the same stage that campaign].

We should remember what happened to Rovers 3 years ago in the season after they snatched failure from the doors of success - RELEGATION !!!

It mustn't happen to us !!

Guest mnporter2001

nice post

i had forgot about the lesser mortals up the road but you are right this sort of thing happens.

I would say we have to good a squad to go down but then didnt west ham :D

I supose its fingers crossed for a while and just prey for a descent defender

:dunno::grr::D

Or to put it another way, we are 6points from a play off place with a game in hand. What was our position in the table last christmas? I am sure that we were bottom or there abouts.

:dunno:

Why do we keep looking back to last season? We finished 3rd and that was seen as failure and Wilson lost his job. Our current position is nothing short of a disgrace. He needs to sort it out and quick.

Guest mnporter2001
Why do we keep looking back to last season? We finished 3rd and that was seen as failure and Wilson lost his job. Our current position is nothing short of a disgrace. He needs to sort it out and quick.

Very true so what do you sugest i have been saying for ages the problem is the defence but its only now the tinman is looking. It could be a question of the horse has already bolted!

But I'm not giving it up not yet anyway

:dunno: come on you reds :grr:

"

Or to put it another way, we are 6points from a play off place with a game in hand. What was our position in the table last christmas? I am sure that we were bottom or there abouts."

No, we were about ninth, which we all thought was a terrible position for us to be in. How ironic, given that we are now sixteenth. That's progress for you.

Our current position is unacceptable and can be put down to several things.

1.Not signing a target man quick enough.

2.Murrays early season form and him being played out of position.

3.Wrong formation. 4-3-3 didn't suit us.

4.Butlers absence and subsequent loss of form.

5.Coles & Doherty's early season form.Coles has improved lately but Tommy's still some way short of his best.

6.Lack of a Wellens type midfielder.

7.Whilst we've had some success with Wilkshire wide, I still don't like it, particularly away.

8.Our home form was poor early on and whilst our form has improved,results are still patchy.

As of today, we still need

a.Another target man as cover for Brooker, with another striker moving on as well as Roberts, I suggest Miller.

b.A Sean Taylor type central defender and I think that'll happen this week.

c.A Wellens type midfielder, particularly if Orr moves to full back.

Wellens, cant see that happening.

Defender yes - but for how much?

If Roberts goes we have 50k - wow.

rememeber we bought Heffernan and Brooker - really when Lita is first on the team sheet at present.

We may sign a defender, but with the high wage bill and lack of funds at this club, i think we will be signing a Dyche rather than a Taylor.

Besides, i would like a youngster instead of going down the Taylor, Millen, Butler route...

Guest DrFaustus
Wellens, cant see that happening.

Defender yes - but for how much?

If Roberts goes we have 50k - wow.

rememeber we bought Heffernan and Brooker - really when Lita is first on the team sheet at present.

We may sign a defender, but with the high wage bill and lack of funds at this club, i think we will be signing a Dyche rather than a Taylor.

Besides, i would like a youngster instead of going down the Taylor, Millen, Butler route...

If you lot do get relegated, would it be OK if we took the mickey for a considerable length of time? :dunno:

<-----Speachless for once, so many years in this Div with the (probably) the best quad in this league for the past 3years+ isit destiny, bad luck, confidence, poor performances, unlucky, or bad management!, whatever itis we goto put it right for god sakes, Bristol is huge that deserves to have at least one big Club.

Archived