IGNORED

Tonight's Game Report

cheshire_red

Sorry but I cannot comment on the first 20 minutes as I was late arriving, just over 3 hours to travel 65 miles is testament to our glorious road system, otherwise known as gridlock.

Also a huge pity to about 100 City fans whose two CATS coaches turned up at least 15 minutes later.

I got there a few minutes before they scored. A free kick inside our 6 yard box saw flapper routed to his line and beaten by a downward header. I thought Peacock could well have been at fault as he did not stick closely to their defender who seemed to have a pretty much unchallenged route to the ball and unchallenged header.

Although City had had the majority of possession we never seemed to get much over the half way line.

Their secong goal was a carbon copy, ball crossed into the 6 yard box from a corner, ball is knocked down and their lad sticks it home, flapper rooted to his line.

Why are we not challenging these balls, why are we knock blocking their movements towards the ball, unbelieveable really.

Still unable to gain much headway over the half way line, both wide players are innoculous and our section is pretty quiet, but not as much as their 5k and they were 2-0 up!

Second half Roberts straight on but agin the quality of recent weeks is nowhere to be seen, this was not the same side that played at Blackpool. The movement was non existent the crisp sharp passing had gone, confidence seemed to have been drained away. WHY, this is the FA Cup, they should have had such a kick up the whatsit and been motivated to come out in the second half and really gone for it.

Barnsley are content to sit back and attempt the odd breakaway, but our movement and passing is still not good enough. Then something quite ludicrous happens. We are two down and he takes off the centre forward who can score and can provide knock downs and flicks and puts on Lita. WHAT, if Miller is not injured then that was a crass decision.

Oh, what, suddenly we are playing long air balls up to the centre forward who is sat on the bench, I ask you, it ain't rocket science, ggggrrrrrrrrr.

Nice goal from Roberts after a lovely defence splitting thro ball, he took it well, but that was really his contribution to the game other than his usual bout of playing sumo with the left back.

Last 15 we are just pumping ball after ball forward, but, to be honest, in hope rather than with any invention or incisiveness. No cutting edge at all.

Phillips 6 must get out to the crosses as Ilic did, couple of decent shot stops.

Carey 6 slow and gave the ball away a few times when venturing forward.

Coles 7 not at his best but still better than most.

Hill 8 MOM

Woodman 6 doesnt come forward enough before delivering the cross.

Clist 6 can't really comment on 25 mins

Tinman 7 but Brian, please get forward more we need your invention

Wilkshire 7 not bad but started to play hopeful chips

Brown 6 not good enough by a long way again

Miller 7 thought his close control was excellent and had little service really

Peacock 6 bluff and bluster but again service not good enough

Subs

Roberts 7 for the goal and some good runs should have done better near the end

Lita 7 tried, put in some good runs but lacked service

Bell 6 good effort but not the pace to play that position anymore.

• Admin
I presume that after much consideration you decided to go then?

Sorry, I really am very sorry for you  ;) .

I begged my bosses at work today to let me go at 3pm so I could travel up to Barnsley in time for kick off but they just laughed at me and told me I'd have to listen to it on the radio for once.

What's that they say about "he who laughs last...."? :rolleyes:

<br /> Yes, I'm sorry I went, only because I have become a Uncle Albert.

Last season I saw 15 games before I saw us lose at Chesterfield in April.

This season I haven't seen us win in 8 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blame yourself, blame Wilson :rolleyes:

Archived