IGNORED

Ashton Gate - "tremendous Football Stadium"?

Cider red

I've never thought of the gate as a great stadium , do opposition fans really look forward to coming to the gate like people do with sheff weds or is taylor lulling us into a false sense of security?? I also noticed that brooker said port vale were really up for games at the gate and sheff wednesday , maybe it is a great ground? I've always thought it was good for this division but the wedlock really lets it down , it would look ok in div 1 but no way near as good as hillsborough.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Peter Taylor LOVES Bristol City....seriously,he's always gave us an abundance of praise,always....he's also a big fan of Tinman!

Just what i was thinking , if only we had appointed him instead of wilson! If only! :city:  :city:

Wilson wouldn't of even been manager if we had chosen Taylor over Pulis!

Someone could confirm the other time he was overlooked.......After Ward was sacked?

I might be wrong on both counts...?

Wilson wouldn't of even been manager if we had chosen Taylor over Pulis!

Someone could confirm the other time he was overlooked.......After Ward was sacked?

I might be wrong on both counts...?

First time he was in the frame was after Benny left wasn't it? As I remember it, Davidson and Neale wanted to appoint Peter Taylor, while Laycock, SL & co out-voted them and incredibly chose Pulis for some reason best known to themselves.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

After the home game against Gillingham in 2000,Taylor was on West Match Plus saying that it's an "honour" to even be considered to manage "such a big club",he also said that we had more potential than any lower club and that he admired our academy....

He was only formally interviewed for the City job once, that was in 1999, when Pulis was appointed instead.

Scott Davidson had him lined up to take over from Fawthrop after his short lived managerial reign in 2000 but unfortunately Martin O'Neill got the Celtic job and PT, having just clinched promtion with Gillingham, was snatch from under our noses by Leicester. So we went for the next best thing, enter Danny Wilson. And who says this club isn't cursed?

Lets be honest the gate is a tremendous stadium when compared to places like chesterfield, luton, colchester, brentford etc. and if i was an away fan of one of these clubs i probably would look forward to coming to the gate, which is after all the home of football.

Archived