IGNORED

The Best Signing For Many A Year ?

Keepers Ball

I really believe he could be.Steve Brooker's performance today was first class.He can play on the ground as well as in the air.His partnership with Lita worked well and on the whole I believe City's performance today was the best of the season.I really believe we have turned the corner with Brookers signing.

Apologies for turning to a negative matter while I'm on here.

Christian Roberts.Yes I know some of you are getting fed up with the subject but I feel I have to make a point after reading todays match program.

There was hardly a sniff of a mention on Roberts.No Thank you ,Good luck or Kiss me arse

All that is mentioned is his transfer to Swindon in the Brooker column and a pic of him versus Huddersfield stating "his last home appearance for City".

Whether you are a Roberts fan or no there should have been something about him in todays program.The bloke served for us and scored some bloody important goals in his time here so the way his transfer has been passed over is bloody disgusting.

Bristol City Football Club should be bloody ashamed of themselves

Or "Brian Tinnion says there was no animosity behind Christian's departure. "It was simply that we had six strikers and he was the one whose contract was up at the end of the season" said the player-manager.....

Did you want a Roberts memorial edition or something?

Or "Brian Tinnion says there was no animosity behind Christian's departure. "It was simply that we had six strikers and he was the one whose contract was up at the end of the season" said the player-manager.....

Did you want a Roberts memorial edition or something?

Thats just a mention on why he was transfered !

For goodness sake, Roberts was an average player who has left us to join another average club. We are not talking about another John Atyeo here.

It makes no bloody difference.He was a City player full stop.He still represented us and at times still did a good job for us.

Obviously you are one of the "anti-Roberts brigade" and thats your perogative but maybe you should take off your "blinkered glasses" and look at the point differently !

:whistle:

There will be a piece on roberts leaving in the programme for the colchester game i expect, printing deadlines and all, the programme by all means has to be finished by wednesday night, therefore the transfer was not totally complete, a piece on him if he hadnt left would have looked rather silly wouldnt it?

By the way wayne allison the most under rated striker of my time as a city fan, when he left no mention in the programme, someone get my gun so i can hunt down the git who edited that programme!

I personally would rather read about brooker, dave cotteril and the ticket info then about a player who has left the club, after there was no doubt a falling out with him and landsdown.

It makes no bloody difference.He was a City player full stop.He still represented us and at times still did a good job for us.

Obviously you are one of the "anti-Roberts brigade" and thats your perogative but maybe you should take off your "blinkered glasses" and look at the point differently !

No, I am not one of the anti Roberts brigade, but I really fail to see what you expected of the club on Saturday. Christian has now left us, it was mentioned in the programme (he wasn't ignored!) and surely that's the end of it. Let's all keep a sense of perspective!!

I totally agree with SuicidalRed, Brooker does indeed look like our best signing for years. Brooker hardly put a foot wrong against Hull and was well worth the man of the match award. Well done to Tinman and Co for getting Mr Brooker to play in a BCFC shirt.  :whistle:

As someone who thought we had signed God himself after watching Carl Shutt score 4 on his debut, I will reserve judgement for a little while. But he did have a good game and appears to be capable of being a good link man at least, if not an out and out goalscorer.

Archived