IGNORED

Concerts Next June

A Horse With No Name

Not really my cup of tea. Couldn't tehy have had some-one a bit younger eg Keane, Coldplay, GLC, The Streets, The Killers etc. instead of older artists. I know you may say they will have younger supporting acts, but will they release this fact before all the tickets sell out. Then again I suppose they can sell the tickets for more to these people. Last year Elton tickets were over £40 whereas to go to the Carling Academy, which is a much more intimate venue the tickets are very rarely over £15.

Not really my cup of tea.  Couldn't tehy have had some-one a bit younger

At the open day last year steveL said he could only put on concerts involving singers/groups that his wife liked, maybe you should look through her CD collection! :city:

GLC? You're having a laugh. They couldn't sell out a stadium any more than they could come up with a half decent song.

There's a number of stadium acts, Oasis, Elton John, Meat Loaf, Bon Jovi...and some others, who could sell out a stadium, but not GLC.

How about pinching some groups on the way back from Glastonbury? Or getting about 8 bands to use The Gate as a warm up before Glastonbury?

About time we had Massive Attack down the gate too.

Massive Attack? I agree that it would be good to see them play at their home city again, but would they sell anywhere near 22,000 tickets? Not in a trillion years.

How about pinching some groups on the way back from Glastonbury? Or getting about 8 bands to use The Gate as a warm up before Glastonbury?

About time we had Massive Attack down the gate too.

Massive Attack won't play Ashton Gate as there is a alcahol restriction, it was mentioned a few years ago.

While I was speaking to SL on the opening day of the season, I mentioned about getting Madness down to play, he said that they had been trying but you have to remember that every band has their requirements to meet, it wasn't as easy as just coughing up a fee or giving them a % of the ticket money.

Not really my cup of tea.  Couldn't tehy have had some-one a bit younger eg Keane, Coldplay, GLC, The Streets, The Killers etc. instead of older artists.  I know you may say they will have younger supporting acts, but will they release this fact before all the tickets sell out.  Then again I suppose they can sell the tickets for more to these people.  Last year Elton tickets were over £40 whereas to go to the Carling Academy, which is a much more intimate venue the tickets are very rarely over £15.

Coldplay could do it, possibly The Streets, but any of the other bands could not fill Ashton Gate.

Neil Diamond isn't my cup of tea, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bon Jovi live. By no means my favourite band but they're not bad.

I've always wondered why we didn't do a couple of gigs in a week - there's surely always enough to satisfy every one. One thing I'd say about 'contempory acts' - when they did the 'Gig At The Gate' a few years ago with what (I suppose you could argue) was some of the *ahem* biggest names in pop music at the time - Blue, H And Claire, Atomic Kitten, Mis-Teeq, Liberty X etc., but it received a lukewarm reception.

Getting acts in like Bryan Adams, Elton John etc. seems to pull in more punters because they appeal to a wider range of age groups and musical tastes

Bring 'em on!

Coldplay could do it, possibly The Streets, but any of the other bands could not fill Ashton Gate.

What I was suggesting was someone younger, (possibly as a warm up) and I also meant to add there could be to or three artists at the same time. If for example Keane and Killers worked together there would probably be a good chance of it selling out (or nearly), as Keane's tour around the country sold out very quickly for the areas around Bristol (Carling Academy etc.), and The Killers sold out there tickets for the Shepards Bush Empire and Manchester Arena almost as soon as they went on sale. And even if the ground is half empty, if as suggested there is a week of music, it would cost a lot less to hold this concert as the infastructure will already be in place for the other bigger concerts.

What I was suggesting was someone younger, (possibly as a warm up) and I also meant to add there could be to or three artists at the same time.  If for example Keane and Killers worked together there would probably be a good chance of it selling out (or nearly),  as Keane's tour around the country sold out very quickly for the areas around Bristol (Carling Academy etc.), and The Killers sold out there tickets for the Shepards Bush Empire and Manchester Arena almost as soon as they went on sale.  And even if the ground is half empty, if as suggested there is a week of music, it would cost a lot less to hold this concert as the infastructure will already be in place for the other bigger concerts.

That makes sense. Three concerts in 7 days. One for the kids ie Blue, one for the oldies ie Neil Diamond, and one similar to your suggestion. Something for everyone.

I am sure that I heard on the radio a couple of weeks back, that Oasis would be playing the Gate at some point.

Anybody else heard this ?

:city:

Not exactly but I know both Oasis and U2 have been tipped on here as both are supposedly going 2 have albums out soon, and apparently are going on tour next year around May. Although I heard U2 were goin to hold a gig in the Mill Stad so maybe the Gate is to small.

Not exactly but I know both Oasis and U2 have been tipped on here as both are supposedly going 2 have albums out soon, and apparently are going on tour next year around May.  Although I heard U2 were goin to hold a gig in the Mill Stad so maybe the Gate is to small.

I would have thought that The Gate would be too small for both U2 and Oasis, U2 have always sold out The Millennium Stadium / Cardiff Arms Park.

Green Day would be a good call. Tickets for them playing in Cardiff went on sale yesterday . They have now sold out.

Caldicot Red.

I can't see the club going for that genre of music, i think they want to have seated crowds and not have to deal with mosh pits and crowd surfing! Let alone the controversial anti Bush songs!

Ok my Ashton Gate Festival Over 3 days

DAY ONE

David Bowie

Velvet Underground

Green Day

Basement Jaxx

Faithless

Fun Lovin Criminals

Echo and The Bunnymen - Coldplay are mates, so they would come for the craic

DAY TWO

U2

Pixies