IGNORED

Well Done Scotty! (edit)

redsontour

Whilst we have our very well deserved love in after a really superb team performance, lets not forget the job the flying scotsman did yesterday.

From a pure footballing point of view he was sacrificed for the sake of the team. Taylor knew he was the danger man and stuck two men on him every time he had the ball. By getting right on the touchline, he drew them both out and created space for the midfield, which they used brilliantly. He didnt suceed too often in getting crosses in, but the one time they left just the one guy on him and pushed Elliot up, he nearly made them pay with one of his trademark cut ins.

So, well done Jock! Just a pity Bradley didnt get his deserved man of the match award, though who would begrudge SB!?

Excellant observation. Very few spectators would pick up on the double marking defence gap. In the old days coaches would have a big fast guy and have him stiched to the britches of the danger man. Not fun to watch , not a fun game to play, but got the job done.

Guest bristolbred
I thought this thread was going to say something else !

Me too!!, :city:

Suprised that the Mods have allowed the title of this thread to stay!!, BUT it is a very funny title, and i would like to add that i would love to see the Flying Scot get back to the form of two seasons ago!!, :city:

Not just well done scotty but well done bell. By having a left footer out on the left it gave us a natural balance and stretched the midfield and defence of hull, and will any team in this division.

Also nice to see big kev aint scared of getting stuck in. A couple of crunchers yesterday.

I thought this thread was going to say something else !

Me too!!,  :whistle:

Suprised that the Mods have allowed the title of this thread to stay!!, BUT it is a very funny title, and i would like to add that i would love to see the Flying Scot get back to the form of two seasons ago!!,  :blush:

Typical, as always I arrive to the thread late, long after the modmen have removed the 'decent' title :P

Archived