IGNORED

Micky Bell

brady bunch

one of the unsung hero's on Saturday I thought was micky Bell who had one of the best games in recent years (I know there has not been that many). He linked well with Wiltshire and gave us a much more attacking feel (matt hill is a good defender when not conceding penulties, but is hopeless over the halfway line).

For me he certainly has earnt his place and should keep it no matter what happens else where.

I know most of you will disagree but this would be my defence:

L/B Bell cen Coles Butler R/B Orr

Yes Orr! Smith flatters to deceive! has cost us points and could have cost us more apart from a few saves by SP.

how long has bell been at your club now? The management should show him some respect.

A sad day when a sag head talks a modicum of sense. I thought that Bell put in some solid performances at the end of last season from midfield and deserved an extra year contract. I also agree that Bell and Wilkshire looked like they had been playing together for years on Saturday and hope that Bell gets the nod tomorrow night. However its one thing playing well at AG but another to reproduce it away from home where conditions aren't always so good.

Definite contender for MoM on Sat - I'm an if it ain't broke don't fix it person too so I'd keep him in. With him and Wilkshire playing we had many more options down the left, kept us going when Murray was effectively marked out of the game, he is also IMHO the best crosser of a ball we have, by some distance.

My only reservation is he is part of a more attacking formation which might not work so well away from home against the better teams.

Guest Levster

keep him in the side, there is no reason why the team should be changed if we play and win like we did on saturday.

keep the same side and we wont go wrong. TD and JS are going to have to work their ******** off if they want to return to tyhe line-up.

I would also like to see Coles play in central defence, because I think he's a better player there. But the problem is how do you do that ?

For starters it would mean dropping Matt Hill (assuming you continue with Butler and Bell in the side) and I think he's still worth his place in the side.

Then there is who to play at right-back.

Amankwaah could do the job if he was playing well, but I think he's going to take some time to get back with the pace of first-team football. And I prefer Orr in central midfield having seen him play there on saturday.

Agree the the right back spot is the one in question, Coles was no more comfortable coming forward then Matt Hill is, but in fairness has not had the oppurtunities that Hill has had.

We have three good central defenders in Butler, Coles and Hill, but that is where I would keep them and that means dropping one, for me I would drop Hill, but would be happy to rotate him with the other two subject to form and who we are playing (high ball team = Butler/Coles, fast nippy forwards = Hill/Coles maybe)

Smith needs compation and for me kevin amankwaah is a shadow of the player he was before the injury, he does not look fit. I would actually give Scott Brown a run in the central midfield and more Orr back to right back, where he has played alot of his footy.

but then I am a tickerman!!

how long has bell been at your club now? The management should show him some respect.

Where has the management not shown Mickey respect?? It was Danny Wilson who put Mickey on the transfer list and he's long gone. Tinnion has kept faith with Mickey even though he has been injured and was rewarded with a good display on Saturday....don't see your point!

Archived