IGNORED

Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Red Finesse

Just when you thought Pro Evo 3 was as good as it got, number 4 like every game in the series has managed to eclipse its predecessor in all areas of the game. Animations are extremely realistic, the graphics (especially on replays) are sometimes scarily lifelike,... each stadium and there are many! carry an eerie likeness to their real counterparts

Gameplay is the main aspect of the pro evo series and this is perhaps where the fifa series falls down. Games arent easily won and the ai encourages good football to be played, although hoofing brings results at times, will get you into trouble more often than not. Slick passing, good finishing and even better team mangagement (master league especially) are the key to this game and unlike fifa will take a while to master.

Licenses have improved on this game immensly. While fifa holds the ace card in that respect, many of the teams have the real names and likenesses to the players.

Sound and Commentry. Paul Brackeley and Trevor brooking provide the voices and Konami have done very well in keeping everything seemless and not switch operated like a robot. The crowd and ball noises are excellent and responsive (you can hear individual chants) and the music during the menu screens, while not as good as fifa are decent and do the job nicely

Do i like this game???? perhaps a little too much :whistle:

10/10 easy. And i havent even started the master league yet :P

I am with you on that one, not as good looking as FIFA but under the bonnet so to speak it leaves FIFA standing. (although FIFA does have the City team in it, Pro dosen't)

I think PC world have it on offer for £25, worth every penny. Although if you have an Xbox wait for it to come out on that as it will be Xbox live enabled. (I'll take anyone on at that!!!)

If you watch all 20 episodes of 'When Games Attack' on Bravo this November you will be able to watch a 8 professional footballers battle it out to become the number one Pro Evo player.

You will able to see for yourself just how amazing the game is.

Guest XrAnGeX

I'm glad someone brought this topic up.

I collected my game last Friday and to be honest, I feel every football fan should get it.

Pros:

+ Realism

+ Semi-Licensed, however you can download a file (even forps2) which updates the kits and the like.

+ Master League, World Cup etc.....

+ Through balls work !

+ Replays

+ League of friends, yes finally its been included, you can play against and of your friends in a non fixtured way..... Its hard to explain but a league still works.

Cons:

- It eats your life.

Score: 9.8 !

Archived