IGNORED

Walsall

blackthorn slice

Guest WarsawPact
didn't realise there was one i just thought it was part of birmingham

Oi, watchit Tractorboy! Walsall's in the Black Country, not in Birmingham. :@ ;)

Bescot is about 30mins walk from the Town Centre (yes, we do have one).

If you want a bevy:

Coming by train

Get off at Bescot, and cross the road to the Saddlers Club, you may get in if you're early - costs a quid but the beer's cheap. If not, turn left out of the station to the traffic lights. Turn left again towards the motorway and after 10 mins walk you come to a pub called The George, which is the main away supporters pub.

Alternatively, stay on the train and get off one stop later in Walsall. The Yates's, Witherspoons, Hogshead and others are all clustered around the Town Hall/Civic Centre, so follow signs for that. Either catch the train back to Bescot, catch the bus (the 405), or walk.

If you're coming by car from M6 junction 9, follow the signs to the ground and you will see the George on the right. Park at the ground and walk back.

Sounds like your start to the season has been the same as ours - novice manager struggling to find the right combination of team and tactics - but just starting to come good. Should be a cracker.

Guest WarsawPact
Tractorboy?, I didn't know that Wesco was an Ipswich fan  :P 

What, you mean you're not a bunch of yokels ;)

Rather like the way we're not a bunch of Brummies.

;)

Oi, watchit Tractorboy! Walsall's in the Black Country, not in Birmingham.  :@  ;)

Bescot is about 30mins walk from the Town Centre (yes, we do have one).

If you want a bevy:

Coming by train

Get off at Bescot, and cross the road to the Saddlers Club, you may get in if you're early - costs a quid but the beer's cheap. If not, turn left out of the station to the traffic lights. Turn left again towards the motorway and after 10 mins walk you come to a pub called The George, which is the main away supporters pub.

Alternatively, stay on the train and get off one stop later in Walsall. The Yates's, Witherspoons, Hogshead and others are all clustered around the Town Hall/Civic Centre, so follow signs for that. Either catch the train back to Bescot, catch the bus (the 405), or walk.

If you're coming by car from M6 junction 9, follow the signs to the ground and you will see the George on the right. Park at the ground and walk back.

Sounds like your start to the season has been the same as ours - novice manager struggling to find the right combination of team and tactics - but just starting to come good. Should be a cracker.

Good on you mate ta for the info. Yes a patchy start to the season but should give you a good game.

Personally, I'd go to Brum city centre first for a few bevvies (especially if you are coming by train). Admittedly I don't know Walsall very well but as a colleague at work from Walsall does all his drinking in Brum I think he knows what's best! Either try a few bars near New Street station (I'll be in the Hill from 1pm) or if you've got time on your hands try the Arcadian Centre, Mailbox (if you're made of money) or Broad Street for the classic pub brawl/crawl experience. :city:;);)

Archived