IGNORED

Ok! So What Was The System We Played

graham b

I thought it was a midfield diamond with Murray at the front end.

I see others thought 4-3-3 and even 3-5-2.

Whatever it was only when we reverted to 4-4-2 that we were able to show our real strength with Scotty on the right and attacking with some width.

... and I thought that Tinnion had learnt not to over meddle with structure after our abominable August. Obviously I was wrong!

I thought it was a midfield diamond with Murray at the front end.

I see others thought 4-3-3 and even 3-5-2.

Whatever it was only when we reverted to 4-4-2 that we were able to show our real strength with Scotty on the right and attacking with some width.

... and I thought that Tinnion had learnt not to over meddle with structure after our abominable August. Obviously I was wrong!

It was a diamond, with Murray at the front, running the line behind our front two and tracking their defensive midfielder, and Tommy at the back, doing a man to man job on Merson.

Once we stopped worrying about cancelling them out and reverted to our own game, we got on top and won the game. Lesson learned, I hope.

Apparently, the club forced Tins into the diamond formation, so that the word 'diamond' would be used as often as possible on here and on the official website, in an attempt to promote the upcoming musical event. But Tins changed it when he decided three points was more important.

...............................phillips.............................

......coles..............butler............hill...........bell......

.................................doherty..........................

...................orr...........................wilkshire..........

...................................murray...........................

....................lita...........................brooker..........

and that didnt work so then we changed and put murray on the right and wilkshire on the left.

It was a diamond, with Murray at the front, running the line behind our front two and tracking their defensive midfielder, and Tommy at the back, doing a man to man job on Merson.

Once we stopped worrying about cancelling them out and reverted to our own game, we got on top and won the game. Lesson learned, I hope.

Apparently, the club forced Tins into the diamond formation, so that the word 'diamond' would be used as often as possible on here and on the official website, in an attempt to promote the upcoming musical event. But Tins changed it when he decided three points was more important.

:Cheeky20: So how will he be instructed to promote Bon Jovi next Saturday? I hear Maguire is to suggest we host Madness supported by Busted this Summer!

.... so that explains why Leroy slid to his knees for the first goal's celebrations :whistle:

Ah, classic! That would be about the only sensible explanation for how we played the first 60 mins yesterday.

Lesson learnt, indeed, one hopes so.

Archived