IGNORED

Publicity For The Walsall 10

cheshire_red

I have read various posts from a few of the poor souls so outrageously dealt with by the West Midlands Police.

The club are in a difficult situation and therefore it is not easy for the club to publicise the plight of these individuals on the official forum, although I am very pleased to see that an official letter has been written to West Midlands Police.

As many of you know I publish the Bristol City Netcentre and if I can help in anyway with publicity then I will be delighted to hep in any small way that I can.

The netcentre receives around 3,000 visitors per day including many who work in the media. All stories are listed on media agency websites and therefore receive attention.

I feel that as much publicity for the dispicable behaviour by the Police and the way in which law abiding citizens were treated may help in getting these cases dropped and some action taken against the Force and the individual Officers concerned.

Perhaps anyone arrested and wishing to bring to the attention of a much wider audience could contact myself by PM or email to bristol_ian@hotmail.com

Ian

Guest scroobscurtis

I'm one of them Cheshire Red, so do you want to hear about my terrible treatment. I am so angry, annoyed, and upset about this whole event - the consequences that I am now enduring are dreadful - I have had to phone in work sick the morning to start getting the plot hatched for thursday, as there is no way I can just phone in on thursday as sick - I'm under threat of a criminal record, a ban from football having to surrender my passport everytime England play, and god forbid I may lose my job - 2 pints of cider !! it's just so unbelievable.

Thanks mister you are a godsend.

• Admin
I have read various posts from a few of the poor souls so outrageously dealt with by the West Midlands Police.

The club are in a difficult situation and therefore it is not easy for the club to publicise the plight of these individuals on the official forum, although I am very pleased to see that an official letter has been written to West Midlands Police.

As many of you know I publish the Bristol City Netcentre and if I can help in anyway with publicity then I will be delighted to hep in any small way that I can.

The netcentre receives around 3,000 visitors per day including many who work in the media. All stories are listed on media agency websites and therefore receive attention.

I feel that as much publicity for the dispicable behaviour by the Police and the way in which law abiding citizens were treated may help in getting these cases dropped and some action taken against the Force and the individual Officers concerned.

Perhaps anyone arrested and wishing to bring to the attention of a much wider audience could contact myself by PM or email to bristol_ian@hotmail.com

Ian

Proof that the Netcentre is indeed among the news sources scanned by news feed style resources....

Newsnow's Bristol City page....

Every supporter who travelled to Bescot on Saturday must be thinking 'But for the grace of God go I'.

A concentrated effort by members of this and the other messageboards to support you, LSN and the others is the least we can do as fellow fans of bristol City FC.

Anyone wishing to help write this story and publicise the behaviour of the West Midlands Police please contact myself.

Ian:

bristol_ian@hotmail.com

And time stood still.

I saw one of the most disgusting things I've ever witnessed,at Walsall by their lovely local constabulary,back on the notorious play off game in the 80's.

I was walking up the hill about a full miute after the transit van was turned over, at the top, when a bout 6 or 7 coppers came running up the grass bank and vaulted over the fence in front of me, as one came down,he just unleashed a rigt hander straight into the jaw of a poor sod who was walking several paces in front of me, minding his own business.

He must have broke his jaw, as he was wearing gloves, and the guy just wasn't expecting it.

If I was two paces further on,it would have been me.

I was stunned, and tried to run after this thuggish git, to get his number, when I was grabbed round the throat by one of the other thugs in uniform, and told in no uncertain terms to go forth, or else I'd be arrested!

Isn't it great to see that after all these years that times stood still with the Wset Midlands storm troopers!

Ian

Like you I am incensed by what happened at Walall on Saturday, and witnessed the aftermath of some of the incidents and the disgraceful behaviour of *some* police officers.

I will very happily write an article for the Net Centre, but in order to do that I need the people involved (LSN, Scroobs, bcfcbabe17's dad etc) to give me permission to use their real names and tell me exactly what happened when they were arrested as I didn't see the incidents.

I am by no means anti Police, but it looks as if there has been a terrible abuse of power here, and the thought that innocent people might get a life ban from football because of over zealous and indiscriminate policing is appalling.

Dave

Guest scroobscurtis
Ian

Like you I am incensed by what happened at Walall on Saturday, and witnessed the aftermath of some of the incidents and the disgraceful behaviour of *some* police officers.

I will very happily write an article for the Net Centre, but in order to do that I need the people involved (LSN, Scroobs, bcfcbabe17's dad etc) to give me permission to use their real names and tell me exactly what happened when they were arrested as I didn't see the incidents.

I am by no means anti Police, but it looks as if there has been a terrible abuse of power here, and the thought that innocent people might get a life ban from football because of over zealous and indiscriminate policing is appalling.

Dave

Hello Dave,

I'm Stephen (scroobs) I can tell you everything.

Stephen.

Dave,

Thank you, I can't think of a better author. I'll get the publicity hype started by collecting email addresses of journalists in Bristol and West Midlands. Anyone know any? We can then send the story to them. Additionally I was thinking of copying to the West Midlands Police and the Bristol and Birmingham Law Societies.

Anyone think of any other sources the story could be forwarded to?

A hard hitting headline is required to stand out on the news agencies feeds.

Further to this, I have to go out at about 3 and won't be back until very late, but will be able to write something first thing tomorrow.

If anybody has any personal experience of being unfairly treated, or saw examples of any unreasonable behaviour, could they please pm or email me with details?

I'd particularly like to hear from independent witnesses who can say exactly what they saw when people were arrested. Then it's not just about 'my word against his'.

It would be great if I could quote you using your real name, but let me know if you don't want me to do that. The more details the better - about you, who you are, your age, occupation, would be really helpful.

Above all, BE HONEST. There's no point me writing about how innocent everybody is if the police then come back and say 'he'd had ten pints' or ' he abused me' or 'he was provoking Walsall fans'. Tell me exactly what happened,as you saw it. It's really important that we tell the truth about every detail.

I'll try my best to write an honest, fair piece. I'm not interested in knocking the Police for the sake of it, but I don't think justice has been done here, and that makes me very angry.

Dave,

Thank you, I can't think of a better author. I'll get the publicity hype started by collecting email addresses of journalists in Bristol and West Midlands. Anyone know any? We can then send the story to them. Additionally I was thinking of copying to the West Midlands Police and the Bristol and Birmingham Law Societies.

Anyone think of any other sources the story could be forwarded to?

A hard hitting headline is required to stand out on the news agencies feeds.

Chesh, what about other supporters on Rivals. Mentioned this to Lu'on fans I work with, and their words were, "what d'you expect, its West Midlands Police"-revealing n'est pas?

Chesh, what about other supporters on Rivals. Mentioned this to Lu'on fans I work with, and their words were, "what d'you expect, its West Midlands Police"-revealing n'est pas?

Good idea Bucks.........on the Walsall Rivals message board a chap has mentioned that many fans have mentioned similar problems.

Additionally all other West Midlands clubs inc. Villa, the other BCFC, Cov, Wolves WBA.

Dave is going to write this story in the morning, it will be on the netcentre - hhtp://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk immediately it is available.

I cannot stress how important it is to get exact information to Dave before the morning (ie tonight). If you can email to Dave with eye witness accounts etc then the publicity case will become stronger and stronger.

Guest scroobscurtis

Again a massive thanks to you all for everything you are doing for us - and I'm sure I speak for all of us - also just to say that I given a fact by fact account of my own personal experience to user DAVE L and he is going to get straight on the case in the morning regarding some further publicity.

Stephen.

Great idea, although we'll have to see if they think unwarranted arrests at a Championship 1 match is more important than who threw a bit of soup at Fergie!!

But with Jonathan Pearce being a CITY fan, I think he may take up the cause.

Now all we need is the right e-mail address for him.

The only e-mail address I can find on the five live bbc site is sportonfive@bbc.co.uk

No sign of one for Jonathan Pearce himself.

What about the CCTV evidence??

Every ground now has more than it's fair share of camera's in and I would have thought that The Saddler's would also have them in, surely they would show enough evidence of you not being drunk etc?

Everyone must be on them at sometime, if it means someone has to go through every tape from Saturday, then so be it.

Archived