IGNORED

The Loan Signing

CTRed

Danny has resurrected a deal to try and get Matt Jansen from Blackburn on a season long loan.

Graeme Souness is willing to let Matt Jansen join us and the club are attempting to come to an agreement on wage payments, then it is subject to the player agreeing to join, which I believe wont be a problem.

How would it be admitting Miller as a failure ?

Over the last god knows how many game Miller has been far superior to peacock, the fact that peacock has scored sod all goals for a while and Miller is now what only one goal behind him. Miller is the better striker of the two, with ease. His finishing is much better, he is much better in the air, his touch is far better. the only advantage peacock has is that he is quicker.

I would love to get jansen as he is a quality striker and would rip this division apart, but why would he come to us.

No chance !  Everton would love to have him at this time with the problems they have up front so the competiton is out of our league - literally !

DW does have a firm friendship with Souness and money shouldn't be a problem in terms of wages, but I really can't see it.

Not doubting your contacts or anything, but it's a bit too good to be true...

<br /> Forgive me Sir, but rationally would you loan a proven Prem goalscorer to Everton or any other Prem relegation candidate at present like Bolton.

No, you would look at the first division sides who would give him match practice and fitness.

End of season loan, can't see it. Can't see him coming to a mid table 2nd Div, 200 miles from home, club either.

Post on rivals site by ewoodaces is intersting if only to say - you what, you wish....

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...toid=2136080051

:rolleyes: Noting the anti Peacock sentiment starting to really bubble to the surface; it is really about time we assign this lazy and uninterested hangeron to the dustbin. For some reason last season he seemed above criticism and Mr Wilson's insistance in playing him only seemed to be based upon.. he could be used as a target man ho ho! (a bit seasonal there).. Lee Peacock doesnt score enough goals blames everybody else for his own failings doesn't win the ball enough in the air never gets his head in the way when it might hurt particularly from corners, (as we knew last season we might as well not been given them) and strikes me as if he cant get out of AG quick enough...Well now is the time to let LP fade out we have an abundance of non scoring strikers but at least you could never accuse any of the others of lack of effort...

Guest Bootylicious

Matt Jansen would be a surperb addition.

BUT

surely there must be first division clubs, maybe even premiership clubs, who would be after him. Why would he drop down 2 divisions?

Cant see it myself.

Archived