IGNORED

Dinning Signing ... Slap In The Face For Orr ?

headhunter

Whilst Dinning must have some qualities his record over the past 12 months or so suggests a player struggling to make his mark and prove to be an attrative permamanent signing for any of the clubs he's been at.

When Orr came in for the Doc he well and truly showed why he had been good enough to be the skipper of a Premiership reserve side showing energy for 90 minutes and certainly playing an effective "box to box" game.

I think Tins wil soon be phoning Sir Alex at Man Utd to ask him how he manages to keep so many talented players happy.

We really do have enough players to field 2 side each weekend that [if they play to their potential] would be a good match for any side in this division.

ps. If Dinning has been signed as "the central defender" then I take back my comment about Orr who should be the straight replacement for Doc this weekend !

Whilst Dinning must have some qualities his record over the past 12 months or so suggests a player struggling to make his mark and prove to be an attrative permamanent signing for any of the clubs he's been at.

When Orr came in for the Doc he well and truly showed why he had been good enough to be the skipper of a Premiership reserve side showing energy for 90 minutes and certainly playing an effective "box to box" game.

I think Tins wil soon be phoning Sir Alex at Man Utd to ask him how he manages to keep so many talented players happy.

We really do have enough players to field 2 side each weekend that [if they play to their potential] would be a good match for any side in this division.

ps. If Dinning has been signed as "the central defender" then I take back my comment about Orr who should be the straight replacement for Doc this weekend !

I don't think it is a slap in the face at all. Tins has made a shrewd signing by bringing in this player. He can play in a number of Positions and brings a wealth of experience to the team as a whole. Competition for places is essential for a team pushing for Promotion.

When everyone is fit and Not Suspended we have a very good squad for this division but that means nothing unless we step up our game and play to our potential.

Not a slap in the face for ORR. With so many games coming up and Tinnion struggling, Tommy D suspended and injury prone and other suspensions likely. I am sure ORR will feature regularly. Dinning will probably partner ORR in the next game and it will then be up to these two, to stake their claims. If anything it will keep the central midfield players on their toes. On top of that Dinning can play as a central defender and it just increases the Tinmans options no end.

With Coles and Doherty definitely out, and Tinnion and Hill extremely doubtful, we were short of experienced cover in the squad.

In those terms, I think/hope that Dinning is an excellent short-term signing for us.

Whether he is anything more than that will depend entirely on how he performs over the next month, both on the training ground and on the pitch.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I think Wilkshire should keep his place on the left midfield cutting inside with Bell as an attacking left-back,that could be our great asset this season....with Doc and Tinman out,there is nobody to partner the inexperienced Orr in central midfield! This was just a quick signing made by Tinman from his good mate Paul Jewell of an experienced central midfielder for our next game because we're short of numbers at this moment in time....it's only a month-long deal for crying out loud,and who knows - Orr could get injured in the next game,Wilkshire could get injured,anything can happen....

The Dinning signing is good business I say,good work :city:

Guest steve c

I don't think it really matters who we've got in midfield. I can remember all the times we plyed against Dinning when he was at Stockport or Wigan and he was class. He is a hard man but a good footballer who can chip in with goals and has vast experience at this level - a quality signing that will only benefit the club.

I always remember Dinning as being very good at breaking up the oppositions play,that was his main strength....and if I remember,another of his strengths is his powerful shooting that forces stops from the keeper(not catches) which could be real useful for Lita....

I think Wilkshire should keep his place on the left midfield cutting inside with Bell as an attacking left-back,that could be our great asset this season....with Doc and Tinman out,there is nobody to partner the inexperienced Orr in central midfield! This was just a quick signing made by Tinman from his good mate Paul Jewell of an experienced central midfielder for our next game because we're short of numbers at this moment in time....it's only a month-long deal for crying out loud,and who knows - Orr could get injured in the next game,Wilkshire could get injured,anything can happen....

The Dinning signing is good business I say,good work  :city:

How and why do you know so much about this football club? I'm very impressed!

I couldnt name 5 Reading players...

Maybe Tins is training Dinning as a replacement for himself. Not saying that Brian's injury is bad or that he's washed up; He could be relegating himself to the reserve-position, with a view to finding someone to take over should he retire in May. Dinning could be the man for the job if he decides to stay, or at the very least it could provide Orr some interesting competition.

(note to self: stop using * for emphasis)

Just read on the main site that Dinning is looking to stay permanent,so it looks like Doherty-Dinning long-term midfield pairing....so yes I have to agree maybe a slap in the face for young Orr if Dinning signs permanent!

I don't expect Dinning to play in the back four barring an injury crisis, but I believe that,despite Tinnions protestations, he will wait for Adie Williams and use Dinning in midfield while he is injured and Numpty the skipper is suspended.

He likes LW in the wide position and, after seeing him in central midfield at Oldham, he may be right, plus he gets on the scoresheet, which is rare for a BCFC midfielder.

I don't know if Dinning wll stay, because MG's back soon and could go wide with LW coming inside and you've also got the option of TD, BT & BO in central midfield, not to mention Anyinsah,Fortune,Brown & Harley.

We may get Dinning for three months and his form will dictate whether he replaces BT who, after all, is 36 and can't play every game or go on for ever.

Now he's here, I don't expect to see a defender other that Williams.

I don't expect Dinning to play in the back four barring an injury crisis, but I believe that,despite Tinnions protestations, he will wait for Adie Williams and use Dinning in midfield while he is injured and Numpty the skipper is suspended.

He likes LW in the wide position and, after seeing him in central midfield at Oldham, he may be right, plus he gets on the scoresheet, which is rare for a BCFC midfielder.

I don't know if Dinning wll stay, because MG's back soon and could go wide with LW coming inside and you've also got the option of TD, BT & BO in central midfield, not to mention Anyinsah,Fortune,Brown & Harley.

We may get Dinning for three months and his form will dictate whether he replaces BT who, after all, is 36 and can't play every game or go on for ever.

Now he's here, I don't expect to see a defender other that Williams.

I'm still not so keen on Lukey being out there on the Left. Would prefer Matt Left Back and Mickey Left Midfield, I'll stick to that on Footie Man me thinks and let Brian do his job!

I don't quite know what to make of it to be honest. Unless Tommy is on his way out maybe? Or A N Other central midfielder?

We shall have to wait and see.

Dinning will plug a gap for a month whilst we play two teams with the divisions best defences....Tranmere and Wrexham.As for next season, if Dinning cant hold down a first team spot now, next year will be no easier. Williams even at 33 is a safer bet and Tins probably still wants him for the late season finish and next years start after promotion.

Archived