IGNORED

Well Done This Forum.

Dave L

A few years ago, those guys who were falsely arrested would have almost certainly been found guilty. No-one would have listened to their claims that they were innnocent. They wouldn't have had an oportunity to put their side of the story before the public. Anyone picking up a paper and reading about their convictions would have probably thought 'more football yobs'.

But thanks to this forum, they have been able to make their voices heard. We've been able to hear the truth about what happened, and those who saw what went on have been able to come forward and give their version of events.

Individually we can often fall prey to those in authority who choose to abuse their power. It's their word against ours, and they will usually be believed. This week has been a triumph for this forum and its users.

United we will never be defeated.

(Steps off soap box and goes for a lie down) :whistle:

Guest scroobscurtis
A few years ago, those guys who were falsely arrested would have almost certainly been found guilty. No-one would have listened to their claims that they were innnocent. They wouldn't have had an oportunity to put their side of the story before the public. Anyone picking up a paper and reading about their convictions would have probably thought 'more football yobs'.

But thanks to this forum, they have been able to make their voices heard. We've been able to hear the truth about what happened, and those who saw what went on have been able to come forward and give their version of events.

Individually we can often fall prey to those in authority who choose to abuse their power. It's their word against ours, and they will usually be believed. This week has been a triumph for this forum and its users.

United we will never be defeated.

(Steps off soap box and goes for a lie down) :whistle:

Hear hear - a lesson "don't mess with the Bristol cider bumpkins" you bation wielding West Midlands yobos, or you may just get more than you bargained for like a telling off from you chief constable and off to bed with no cocoa.

Guest scroobscurtis

You lot are the bees kneess - I want to take you all on a luxury holiday - just don't tell the top fella though and no drinking more than 2 pints in any given session.

Nice to see though that West Midlands aren't resting on their laurels but yesterday made a series of dawn raids (lucky dawn whoever she is!! boom boom!!) to arrest 13 villa and b'ham fans.

Funnily enough the 'City 10' did not get mentioned in the above piece about recent arrests - West Mids perhaps not so proud of those arrests??

Edit: All from the 'Sun' today by the way

I hate to rain on your parade but, as I understand it, the Walsall 10 (err 6) haven't been found innocent yet. Let's start celebrating when justice has been done.

Having said that, it is a credit to DaveL, cheshire red and others that they've put in so much effort for others benefit.

And, to really achieve something we should be ensuring that the West Midlands Police are held to account if the City fans are found innocent. I've emailed the Chief Constable to ask him what eforts he is putting in place to stop this happening again. Funny enough, no response yet...

You lot are the bees kneess - I want to take you all on a luxury holiday - just don't tell the top fella though and no drinking more than 2 pints in any given session.

drinking at all is forbidden for me at least!

On behalf of the others who can't accesss the internet, thanks for everything and everyone who gave us support and spoke out for us.

A very grateful LSN

Guest bristolbred

Been Chatting to some Derby and Notts Forest/ County fans this afternoon, and they could not believe what has happened, and with the power of friends, telling friends, then this will get to a lot of Footy fans who will no doubt go to a match in the West Midlands sometime this season and next, and will now be able to pre warn other fans, who will now know what to expect!!, :grr:

Power to our forum, which i feel is the best in the country!!, ;)

Good Luck to ALL those Fans who have pleaded Not Guilty, have had their cases adjourned until their Solicators hear all the evidence, and will soon have their cases thrown out of court, as the C.P.S. can't feel any justifacation in persuing a case, :me?:

Must remember that the City Board also have written a letter to the Head of the West Mids Police, stating that Fans of all races, creeds, religions, and dubious backgrounds have all posted their concerns over what happend last Saturday, and that the Board have sat up and taken note!!, ;)

Makes you proud to follow the Red and White of BS3!!, :speechless3: :sad21:

And to shed a tear of happiness!!, :whistle:

Yeah,good on the internet and forum for bringing people together and raising issues that otherwise would be brushed under the carpet.

Shame that going back to another life(play-offs)that as a football fan you had to accept that the police were the law,end of story,so great that the normal supporter has a voice and can register disdain and be heard today,too right.

:whistle:

Archived