IGNORED

Time For Goodfellow

Cardy

Having seen what Ive just seen today its obvious we still lack cutting edge and a real attacking threat, particularly on the left. Wilkshire is not a left winger and never will be. Bell is too slow and cant beat his man anymore- this was clear from the number of times he cut inside today. For me, Goodfellow has to be given a start on the left wing, lets see what he can do there. Hes quick, skillful, can beat his man, cross a ball, and score goals. He's the obvious choice - particularly at home where we should be all over most of the dross teams in this division.

Having seen what Ive just seen today its obvious we still lack cutting edge and a real attacking threat, particularly on the left. Wilkshire is not a left winger and never will be. Bell is too slow and cant beat his man anymore- this was clear from the number of times he cut inside today. For me, Goodfellow has to be given a start on the left wing, lets see what he can do there. Hes quick, skillful, can beat his man, cross a ball, and score goals. He's the obvious choice - particularly at home where we should be all over most of the dross teams in this division.

And Brian isnt picking him because.......

Brian's not picking him because he's been out on loan. But he's back now. Or am I missing something ?

We shall see.

Who does he drop to make way for Goodfellow? The defence will have to change and so will the midfield to cope with him?

Guest Pjj171086

He wasn't being picked because he was injured - and then sent on loan to regain match fitness

I think he will be useful to add a option on the left wing as a winger who can dribble, beat his man and put in crosses - hope to see him play some part on Wednesday !

He's a sub at best, though I do accept that he would have been a useful one late on today against a side that clearly came for a draw.

However match fitness and injuries aside in my opinion he's far too lightweight to start games and away from home in particular you cannot carry a player in midfield who has no physical presence at all.

I doubt he has a long term future at the Gate anyway, as it was Port Vale who didn't want to keep him for a second month, not a case of City recalling him.

He's a sub at best, though I do accept that he would have been a useful one late on today against a side that clearly came for a draw.

However match fitness and injuries aside in my opinion he's far too lightweight to start games and away from home in particular you cannot carry a player in midfield who has no physical presence at all.

I doubt he has a long term future at the Gate anyway, as it was Port Vale who didn't want to keep him for a second month, not a case of City recalling him.

I can see a place for Goody....at another club. If promoted he will be released, or available for release, relative to his contract. I would add another 5 players who cant make the first team, the clean out will be necessary.

I hope goodfellow gets a go in the LDV game this week.  Would be nice to see if he and Murray (if he plays) can tear apart the FC Franchise defense.

It's interesting to see someone in the US so angry about the moving of a sports team. Seeing as how its very common over there. Charlotte moving to New Orleans then a new franchise being made there, Memphis moving from Vancouver, all this talk of the Mets being moved, the Jazz moved from New Orleans to Salt Lake...People in the US understand why it's done, surely?

Archived