IGNORED

Qpr Cash Crisis

tompo

Interesting story in the Sun today.

QPR could be forced to start selling their best players unless an investor is found by next month.

Former owner Chris Wright agreed to sell his shareholding last year. However, no buyers have come forward and their chief executive says that the club are in danger of losing some of their better players when the transfer window opens. He is quoted as saying that if any offers come in for their players, they may be unable to refuse them.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

As normal the rest of the forum is a week late in catching up with me!

I saw a few of their fans talking about this last week, they do seem to think once Fulham leave Loftus Road then there will be a HUGE shortfall.

Don't forget, it was only a few years ago that a few of their fans agreed to pay the wages of a new player as the club couldn't affored it. It is only the Fulham money that has changed this.

My next tip for a crisis - Manchester City £50,000,000 in debt

Guest WillsbridgeRed

R's in player sale threat

Thursday, 18 December 2003

Queens Park Rangers have revealed that they may be forced to sell some of their top players next month unless outside investment is found soon.

The Second Division leaders have been in discussions with interested parties since former club owner Chris Wright agreed to sell his shareholding in the Loftus Road outfit last year.

However, no deal has been struck as yet for new investors to help out the West London club and chief executive David Davies fears The R's may need to sell one of their stars like Martin Rowlands, Clarke Carlisle and Marc Bircham.

"We've reached a critical point, especially with the transfer window approaching," said Davies.

"We've worked hard to build this club back up. But without outside investment, things are bleak.

"If offers come in for our players, we may be unable to refuse them."

Both Rowlands and Bircham have been linked with Premiership sides Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton and it remains to be seen if QPR receive solid offers for their players in January.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

There is no doubt they will get saved.

But after hearing their fans on 606 ect I would like it if they had to have a major clear out in Jan and dropped out the promotion race.

Maybe Holloway would get sacked and he could come to City, although I think there's more chance of the Murry Loan story than that ever happening

There is no doubt they will get saved.

But after hearing their fans on 606 ect I would like it if they had to have a major clear out in Jan and dropped out the promotion race.

Maybe Holloway would get sacked and he could come to City, although I think there's more chance of the Murry Loan story than that ever happening

No thanks Willsbridge, the idea of Hollowhead becoming City manager doesn't "cheer me up" at all.

I trust the suggestion was tongue in cheek as he has never achieved anything as a manager.

He also detests City which is hardly a good recommendation for the job anyway.

Archived