IGNORED

Jim Brennan....

elhombrecito

I went to the game tonight with a Man City supporting mate and thought he had a pretty ordinary game. Didn't seem to want to get forward as much as he did with us. And that Man City 44 with the strange name gave hime a tough time too.

I went to the game tonight with a Man City supporting mate and thought he had a pretty ordinary game.  Didn't seem to want to get forward as much as he did with us.  And that Man City 44 with the strange name gave hime a tough time too.

The irishman Willow Flood who i think is going to be a star.... Anyone know if he's Republic or Northern? :whistle:

Born Dublin, makes him a Republic player (my team!) Him and Heff together? :whistle:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/player.asp?plid=1591...tle=Willo+Flood

Born in Dublin doesn't make you a Republic player, being born anywhere in the world (like Clinton Morrison, Matt Holland, Andy O'Brien, Gary Breen etc etc etc) does.

Born in Dublin doesn't make you a Republic player, being born anywhere in the world (like Clinton Morrison, Matt Holland, Andy O'Brien, Gary Breen etc etc etc) does.

No, true! I wonder when anyone was going to spot that! My children could play for Rep of Ireland without actually ever been there. We're hopefully going next year for a holiday, just to make sure! :whistle:

No, true! I wonder when anyone was going to spot that! My children could play for Rep of Ireland without actually ever been there. We're hopefully going next year for a holiday, just to make sure! :whistle:

Fair play to you RedM. Being the son of Irish immigrants myself I'd have always chosen to play for the Republic despite being born in England. (Which would have probably benefited England more than Ireland given my footballing ability :grr:. Doubt if I'd have even made the Republic of Ireland cricket team!)

And Sipowicz I find you comment a bit disappointing (unless it was tongue in cheek!). You're usually a bit more insightful than that. There are many reasons why large numbers of Irishman and women have been forced to emigrate and if their desecendents feel they want to play for Ireland then that's their choice. Mercenaries we can do without, but I've yet to see any player in the green shirt of Ireland ever fail to give their all regardless of where they were born.

Up the Republic!

Guest ErringtonKelly

"

Jim Brennan!!

Ain't he married to Dot Cotton??"

That's JIM BRANNING!!! Jim Brennan used to play for BCFC, but you may be too young (or drunk) to remember him.

I think he may have been taking the pee  :cool:

I was watching MAXIM UNCOVERED 2 on DVD the other day and in the 'babes next door' competition was a rather sexy young lady bouncing around in skimpy nickers and a bra claiming to be the girlfriend of a certain Jim Brennen.

Good work ex city boy, i say!

Worth checking out if you want to people... purely for research purposes of course :city: !

I like Brennan a bloke he seemed to work hard to make it to the top level abit like Goater I guess. Seems to be doing well at Norwich at the moment so fair play to him. I always was a fan of him at City and remember that goal he scored at the East End goal I think it was a gainst Grimsby

Archived