IGNORED

Miller

94th Minute

I do agree with that except from the part about brooker, He has looked good and tried to do what he possibly can, his first home game he played brilliant.

The ldv game would be perfect for miller to regain confidence. But is he not even in the squad ????. But i cannot see him getting back into the team now unless its coming on off the bench because i think brooker and lita have pretty much established themselves as the main two strikers at this club.

What about heffernan when fit i think he is the best striker at the club at the moment but seeing him sat on the bench when he is fit is also dissapointing, he has pace he can finish, what more do you want bar a reserved seat for him on the bench. How bad is heffernans injury ???? As i don't really know hoping that both heffernan and miller are fit i would like to see them given a fair amount of football each. I think they could prove good if they get some confidence back. Gillespie is set to play in the ldv and i would suppose with lita alongside.

I just want to see miller and heffernan given a good run out not just the lousy 10 minutes off of the bench.

Court_Bcfc

:whistle:

I feel so sorry for this kid, he made a choice to come to city, because he wanted to furthur his career, and didnt think that the scottish leagues were the way forward, he showed loyalty to city by chooseing us over some 1st division clubs, again probably because he wanted to get some experiance in the english leagues.

Danny Wilson then never gave him a chance in his first season, with him rarely being allowed to play the full 90mins, and at somne points he would either get 10mins at the end of the game, or he wouldnt even get a match (the miss at swindon didnt help his cause, but it really wasnt that bad atall)

Then at the end of last season when Wilson was fired, I thought that we may finally have a chance to get an open minded manager who would give the younger players a chance, surely this had to be Miller's chance, and when Tinnion was known to support the academy system and youth players.

Anyway i don't remember which games Miller has played this season, or which games he has come on as a sub,except the Bornemouth game where he changed the game after an appauling first half. But the stats of how many games he has played can perhaps explain why he hasnt had the confidence of a first team regular when he played games, including his cup game, he has had 3 starts and 4 sub apperances, that is appauling for someone who i fel is one of our best young players.

To make it even worse Tinnion decided that he needed to go out and buy a player who is doing the exact same role as Miller.......I could understand it if the player we had bought in was a great player and was doing an amaizing job, playing the target man role, while banging in the goal, but the simple fact is that he isnt, Brooker in his 5 starts (yes he has infact played more football than Miller this season) has played absolute rubbish in the two home games i have seen him in. A target man is ment to win the flick on headers, however Brooker will never jump, and when he does he is out jumped by Lita, the other job of a target man is to receive the ball and play it off again, Miller has a great first tocuh, best at the club, whilst brooker has one of the worst first touches i have ever seen.

Finally a striker nees to score goals, in the games miller has played he hasnt scored, but hes been getting good shots in (for someone who blatently doesnt have the support of the management) and when he gets a cross from the wing, he puts his head on it and gets it on target. Broker on the other hand does neither of these, his only shot on saturday was absolutely useless, and the number of times he had the ball on the edge of the area but refused to shoot. And on a number of occasions on saturday a good cross came in, just above brookers head, but he decided not to jump, but instead watch the ball go out for another goal kick.

If Miller wasnt the best player at the club at playing targetman, then I could understand why he wasnt in the team, but the fact is that he is the best player, to play the target man role, the only reason he isnt in the team is because Tinnion is just as bad as Wilson, and refuses to admit that buying Brooker was a mistake, because he is no better than what we already have at the club, but we can now expect a season of Brooker playing every game, and not being subbed regardless of appauling displays, and Miller haveing another season being wasted talent sitting on the bench.

Tinnion refused to allow Miller to go out on loan, probably because he wanted to give him a chance in the first team, but with the LDV game being a perfect oppertunity to give him a runout and to get some experiance, Tinnion has left him out of the squad completely, Instead favouring his other favorite player Lita, who has also not been proforming of late, but has still been allowed to play every game. If the reason Millers been left out of the game is the flu, then i guess its justified leaving him out, and i hope he recovers to be back fighting for a first team place.

Sorry for any poor spelling or grammer, and if ive used text language it was an honest mistake i didnt mean it

I thankyou mate yu have just wrote the exact same way i have felt for quite a while exept i didnt know how to say it.

We all(if we went) saw him at bournemouth, he was brillian, I can't dwell on that game as the time is now and that time is Miller time!

I think when given a chance in the squad he will take every chance but until then his confidence may just keep on dropping so I really beg Tinman to give him a chance! I have no idea why he has not been played and i is really doing my nut as it were!!!!! :D :@ :@

Miller and Heffernan up front soon with freezer on the left and i think those three will run rings round most teams!

GIVE THEM A GO TINMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle::grr::grr:

I thankyou mate yu have just wrote the exact same way i have felt for quite a while exept i didnt know how to say it.

We all(if we went) saw him at bournemouth, he was brillian, I can't dwell on that game as the time is now and that time is Miller time!

I think when given a chance in the squad he will take every chance but until then his confidence may just keep on dropping so I really beg Tinman to give him a chance! I have no idea why he has not been played and i is really doing my nut as it were!!!!! :D  :@  :@

Miller and Heffernan up front soon with freezer on the left and i think those three will run rings round most teams!

GIVE THEM A GO TINMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:  :grr:  :D

Too right. A new campaign maybe ????? Give miller a go ???? :whistle:

:(

I think you are being a bit harsh on Brooker, he's made a reasonable start and I think he links up the play well, I think he will score 15-20, this season and the same number of assists. My only criticism might be that a falls over a lot, but he's a definate improvement on Peacock and will be a fine long term acquistion for the club acquistion for the club.

I'm not sure what the Miller situation is, Tinman has refused to let him go anywhere on loan so must see a future for him, question is why doesen't he play him, LDV against MKD was the obvious opportunity ?

Also like to see more of Heffernan and Gillespie, the problem being you can't play all of them. My feeling is that Brooker/Lita will be our first choice strikers and barring injuries or suspensions will start every game this season.

No mention of Lee starting tomorrow on the main site so we must assume he is still out with the 'flu bug, the Evening Post says 'virus'. If he has caught the bug severely he maybe out for a while as it can really drain you can't it. I know he must be desperate to get a chance but playing football after a bad illness won't be fair on him.

And Sharky, I :grr: your Miller picture! :whistle:

No mention of Lee starting tomorrow on the main site so we must assume he is still out with the 'flu bug, the Evening Post says 'virus'. If he has caught the bug severely he maybe out for a while as it can really drain you can't it. I know he must be desperate to get a chance but playing football after a bad illness  won't be fair on him.

And Sharky, I  :grr: your Miller picture!  :whistle:

Thanks RedM :grr:

Agree with all you say about Miller. It must be seriously frustrating for the lad, having chosen City over Aberdeen, Wigan and others, to be given so little opportunity by successive managers. Wasn't Tinman given the role of Lee's 'mentor' when he first joined us? I too felt when Tinman took over from Wilson that Miller's chances would come.

I know an Aberdeen fan and remember how desperate they were to sign him and gutted when we clinched the deal.

On the more general point about strikers, and Brooker in particular, my own view is you can't possibly take a negative view of him so early when the quality of our crossing is so poor at the moment. I really think you can recruit as many strikers as you want, but unless the service is good they will struggle.

I'm sorry but :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: ...

I like Miller, think he is a great prospect, but if he doesnt take his chances in the reserves (like Lita did last season) then I'm afraid he will never get a chance.

If you were Tinnion would you honestly pick him over Lita?

I say Lita because Miller is not a target man. He is light. Its obvious. So so obvious. I'm not having a go at him, he has a great first touch, but he gets bullied off the ball by hatchet defenders in this division.

For me - we have to go toe to toe with them. I'm all for leaving these "prospects" out - e.g: Gillespie, Miller, Wilkshire if playing players like Lita, Brooker, Smith will get us out of this division.

Can any of you name one reason why Miller should be in the starting line up for Bristol City against MK Dons?

Has he been scoring freely in the reserves - like Lita did, where Wilson had to pick him? I'm afraid thats a no...

Miller, if he is to come good, will never be a second, third division player. He needs to progress to the next level now - a first division player if to move on with his career. He appears to have a footballing brain, and does not get in the faces of defenders. As i said, this will serve us well in the first division, where i think Brooker will be out of his depth.

Hes a good lad, but I'm afraid, for me, on current form (which players are picked on) Lee is at the bottom of the pile. But Lee, get your head down son, work at it, take your chances, make tinnion pick you, and you will come good.

Guest Commanding Centre Half
Bet he wishes he went to Wigan now!

He'd have even less chance of a game there behind those effing gas heads that can even score with their a*se!

Brooker is a good player but I reckon we should have kept the money and given Miller a fair chance. I reckon Miller/Lita or Miller/Heff would make a brilliant strike force.

And play ahead of Roberts and Ellington........hmmmmmmmmm, don't thinks so.

I don't think Roberts was there at the time actually. But lets look at this.............. Third choice at a team at the top of the Championship or 4/5 choice at a team 12th in League 1 :whistle:

Guest bristolbred
I'm not sure what the Miller situation is, Tinman has refused to let him go anywhere on loan so must see a future for him, question is why doesen't he play him, LDV against MKD was the obvious opportunity ?

What are Tinnions motives for;

Not letting Lee go out on loan?.

Playing him in the reserves against mediochre opposition?.

Not giving him a chance in the current squad?.

Saying he has a future at City, and NOT playing him?.

Forget about his price tag, his miss at Swinedon, Wilson's ability not to pick him, and just wonder what the lad has to do to get a game?

To fit into the current squad?.

What has he done, to be treated like this by the club??, :whistle:

:grr:

• Admin

To be fair, he IS ill at the moment and was regularly featuring on the bench up to the point he fell ill. I'm certain that once over his virus he'll be back in the matchday squads. It is then just a case of grabbing his opportunity when it befalls him.

What are Tinnions motives for;

Not letting Lee go out on loan?.

Maybe his motives are that he wants him involved in the club during a very hectic next few months.

Playing him in the reserves against mediochre opposition?.

They are the only reserve opposition we have. I know it doesn't help him to impress, even when he has a good game against these lesser opposition it isn't really an indicator of how well he could play in the first team but we don't have alternative. Matches like tomorrow would have been brilliant for him but he has the lurgy.

Not giving him a chance in the current squad?.

He wants to pick others instead. He is on the bench when fit so is in contention.

Saying he has a future at City, and NOT playing him?.

A future lasts longer than a quater of a season.

Forget about his price tag, his miss at Swinedon, Wilson's ability not to pick him, and just wonder what the lad has to do to get a game?

To fit into the current squad?.

What has he done, to be treated like this by the club??, :whistle:

:grr:

You sure your not reading too much into this? Maybe the fact that he didn't score enough goals last season has something to do with it. Maybe he feels that Lee has different abilities to what he wants.

Or maybe his face just doesn't fit??

Maybe the fact that he didn't score enough goals last season has something to do with it.

yeh maybe he never scored enough goals cause he was to busy creating and working back to win the ball back. Also what was he meant to do at front with peacock when they are both similar players.....

yeh maybe he never scored enough goals cause he was to busy creating and working back to win the ball back. Also what was he meant to do at front with peacock when they are both similar players.....

It was a maybe!

It's quite hard comparing last season and this one. We are creating more chances this year but if he had put away more of his chances last year it would be very hard for Tinnion to not pick him.

Personally I don't believe that their play is that similar. They didn't score many because they lacked decent supply and when they got it they weren't clincal enough.

Think we were watching two different games.. I could swear Lee Peacock was the one getting back defending. but hey, I'm sure everyone on here, and his family are fed up with these debates on Lee.

Instead of trying to divide everyone up on here into Roberts haters and lovers, Miller lovers and haters, why don't we just let him get his head down and let his feet do the talking?

Division One does not suit his game. I'm afraid thats near enough a fact.

Archived