IGNORED

Woodman

RedRaw

I noticed Craig Woodman played for Mansfield last night in the LDV........Is it good policy to cup tie your own players whilst they are out on loan?

I know we have other options but who knows what the situation will be in 3/4 months should we progress in this competition

You could be right but I don't really see Hill and Fortune as serious options at left back should Woodman move on. Bell is also becoming a little injury prone in the twilight of his career and Fortune is still intersesting Preston.

If tinman is intent on keeping Woodman he is now cup tied, if he is going to let him go, we could be short of serious left back cover. :whistle:

Guest bristolbred
I noticed Craig Woodman played for Mansfield last night in the LDV........Is it good policy to cup tie your own players whilst they are out on loan?

Gypsy Rose Lee has told Tin's, that we were going to be playing Mansfield in the LDV final, so allowed him to play, as we'll stop him from playing in that match!!.

A tactical Genius at work!!, :whistle:

Do you mean that for theLDV we could be down to our last three left backs! (Hill, Bell and Fortune).

I just get the feeling Woodman's spell at Mansfield might become a permanent one............

That would be a shame as I rate him a similar but better player than Rob Edwards ever was and he went on to hold down a place at Championship level.

Woody is two-footed, has a good shot on him and a very decent crosser of the ball albeit he lacks the raw pace to be another Jim Brennan. In a way the player I think he most resembles as he seldom concedes possession cheaply is Tins himself (except for the two-footedness obviously!) and it could be that a more central midfield role awaits him(?)

That would be a shame as I rate him a similar but better player than Rob Edwards ever was and he went on to hold down a place at Championship level.

Woody is two-footed, has a good shot on him and a very decent crosser of the ball albeit he lacks the raw pace to be another Jim Brennan. In a way the player I think he most resembles as he seldom concedes possession cheaply is Tins himself (except for the two-footedness obviously!) and it could be that a more central midfield role awaits him(?)

My "guess" was based more on how I now think Tinnion rates him than my personal view of Craig.

I saw the decision to give Mickey Bell another contract in the summer as one that would, when he got fit again, block Woodman's path into the side, as it has proved.

Tinnion's remarks along the lines of hoping Woodman's attitude improved when he came back from Mansfield weren't a good sign for him either.

I think Craig still needs to get a bit physically stronger and I only see him as a left sided player myself but personally I wouldn't have given Bell another deal and he'd be in my 16 instead.

My "guess" was based more on how I now think Tinnion rates him than my personal view of Craig.

I saw the decision to give Mickey Bell another contract in the summer as one that would, when he got fit again, block Woodman's path into the side, as it has proved.

Tinnion's remarks along the lines of hoping Woodman's attitude improved when he came back from Mansfield weren't a good sign for him either.

I think Craig still needs to get a bit physically stronger and I only see him as a left sided player myself but personally I wouldn't have given Bell another deal and he'd be in my 16 instead.

Yep, I get your drift Sip - I think the attitude thing is just that CW is just not a pushy character, he's always seemed quite introspective when I've seen him off the pitch and he maybe needs to portray less of a laid-back approach on the pitch.

Archived