IGNORED

Best Ever City Centre Back

Collis

Rogers??

Lee Rogers??

That bandy legged, perm haired, blond centre half from the mid/late 80's who went to exeter i recall??

Surely he would not qualify as one of our better centre halves??

I think Chesh must mean David Rodgers (whoosh). Wouldn't put him on my list.

Gary Collier for me. Also, maybe not top contenders, but Matty Bryant and Rob Newman both did sterling jobs back there.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Apparently Billy Wedlock was head and shoulders above the rest....

But the best defender/sweeper I've seen play for City is Geoff Merrick....the best centre-back is big Gary Collier....

Guest redcard

Has to be Gary Collier in my veiw, he was up against all the best forwards in the country at the time as we were playing at the top level.

Can't recall any one of them ever getting the better of him. seemed always to be at half pace as though it was too easy for him, very much like colesy is now only 2 divisions up.

If he have stayed at city he would have played for England, I think he was only 23 or so when he left for Coventry and they played him full back. Never heard much of him after that.

Another vote for Gary Collier,a move to the likes of an Arsenal or Man Utd would have been more appropriate. Read with interest Alan Dick's comments a few weeks back about how he was talking with Collier first thing in the morning and then just a few hours later with Gordon Milne on his transfer....

Certainly established himself as a "great" with the City but if he had managed his career differently he could well have become a great with both one of the giant clubs and England.

Archived