IGNORED

Mutu

Taz

What a joke this thing is. Rio Ferdinand gets banned for 8 months for failing to appear for a drugs test. He was given this ban to "set an example". Whilst he should have been punished for "forgetting" to take it, it was never actually proved if he had taken an illegal substance or not.

Just over one year later Adrian Mutu admits to taking drugs. He's banned for 7 months, and although sacked by Chelsea, could theoretically be back playing professional football by the end of the season.

So if you take drugs and admit to it, then the punishment is far better than if you fail to take a test (by a few hours as he actually returned to the training ground to take the test, but was told he was too late), and have it proved either positive or negative.

Sorry but I fail to see the sense in this. I'm beginning to think that the F.A actually means something other than the Football Association. Due to the filters on this forum I'll have to decline from saying what I think it is beginning to stand for.

mutu has said he has taken the drug he has also made sure he has gone onto a rehabilitation scheme without anyone telling him to. he obviously want to carry on playing football and feels he has let him self down.

i think by him amitting to taken the drug and going on this course to cure the addiction, the ban laid apon him is fair. alot of people are saying about rio being banned for 8 months for missing one this is only because he is ENGLISH. if he was romanian like mutu and missed the drugs test no one would to be honest cared about it.

i think the FA have done right in banning him and gave a good sentance, although the fine i think could of been higher

The penalty for missing a drugs test has always suppose to be the same as failing a test. How Rio and ManUre acted after the missed test was 100% opposite of how Mutu did. In fact Rio may have gotten off lightly, if you consider the two year ban for performance drugs.

I think it is a fine suspension he plead guilty and entered rehab which should carry some weight, a month off of a 8 month ban sounds good to me. Then again there isn't much difference as the 7 month ban takes him through this season so in a way it is at least 10 months without club football.

If u ban someone for a longer sentence who has taken drugs than someone who diidnt turn up for a drugs test, then anyone who has taken drugs and is called to take a test will just skip it. Its fairly logical isnt it? Although Rio's should have been longer in the first place.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

There's a difference between cocaine and steroids....cocaine is only a party drug whereas steroids increase sports performance....Ferdinand missed a steroids test which is more major in my opinion....party drugs were in Mutu's personal life just like they are in a large percentage of professional footballers personal lives!! and even TV presenters lives....and even very rich persons lives....you'd be suprised....

Mutu does deserve a suspension or fine for being caught out..it's no suprise that he was using party drugs,but Premiership players are supposed to be role models to young kids and that's the only reason he deserves punishement - for being caught....but I personally believe 7 months is over the top and unfair..

There's a simple quote I like that came from Mike Tyson when barbarded with questions about his face tattoo at a press conference "Look..thats just my personal life,get over it and forget it because it's my business not yours,I'd rather talk about the fight.."

Archived