IGNORED

City's Top Shooter

freezer

Was wondering,as Mr Lita has already scored 15 goals what is the highest goal tally in a season for a City player.

Not up on facts and figures so if anyone can help it would be nice to know.

I reckon he might beat last seasons top scorer but how far back do you have to go for a 30 goal scorer,it could happen I hope this season.

Wow,what a tally,if Leeeeeeroy get's near that he'll be doing well,you never know.

So far then 35 would set a record,if he got to that i reckon he'd go for £7mil. at end of season.

Who was the last League 1 (Division 2/Old Divison 3) player who got sold for £7 million? Failing that, the last Championship (1st Division/Old Division 2) player to be sold for £7 million?

Who was the last League 1 (Division 2/Old Divison 3) player who got sold for £7 million? Failing that, the last Championship (1st Division/Old Division 2) player to be sold for £7 million?

Not a clue mate,as The Doc was maybe going for£4mil. just took a guess really,and as Lita is not "crap" at scoring what do you think he would be worth if he finished the season with 35 goals?. :ph34r:

Not a clue mate,as The Doc was maybe going for£4mil. just took a guess really,and as Lita is not "crap" at scoring what do you think he would be worth if he finished the season with 35 goals?. :ph34r:

Depends if we go up really doesn't it?

7 million I think is way too much (would be nice) but how many clubs will pay that much for an unproven at a higher level player. How much did WBA pay for Robbie Earnshaw? That's the only comparison I can make off the top of my head at the moment.

I never heard of the Doc bid, so that's news to me.

Depends if we go up really doesn't it?

7 million I think is way too much (would be nice) but how many clubs will pay that much for an unproven at a higher level player. How much did WBA pay for Robbie Earnshaw? That's the only comparison I can make off the top of my head at the moment.

I never heard of the Doc bid, so that's news to me.

Don't think it makes a difference if we go up,if Lita has scored 35 goals for the season then i'm sure he would move on,the big boys would get their wad out and Leroy would go.If we get promoted I'd hope he'd stay but,who knows ,wait and see.

15 so far is great though,don't you think?. :whistle:

Here's to another 15 :ph34r: .

Don't think it makes a difference if we go up,if Lita has scored 35 goals for the season then i'm sure he would move on,the big boys would get their wad out and Leroy would go.If we get promoted I'd hope he'd stay but,who knows ,wait and see.

15 so far is great though,don't you think?. :whistle:

Here's to another 15  :whistle: .

Yeah, another 15 would be good.

We shall see what happens, when the bids come in we can discuss them until then, Leroy and BCFC are a good combination :ph34r:

Tommy? £4m? I love you, you do know that, don't you?, seriously I love you, you do know that, don't you?!!!

Why on Earth is he still here? :@

That's what I thought to be honest. I'd have said ta very much, a better 60 minute performance from him today, if he could get totally fit and back to his best then maybe we will see the best of him again?

Tommy? £4m? I love you, you do know that, don't you?, seriously I love you, you do know that, don't you?!!!

Pre-season talk of Southampton offering £4m for Tommy,or did I just imagine it :ph34r: .

I'll do some research and let you know.

Was wondering,as Mr Lita has already scored 15 goals what is the highest goal tally in a season for a City player.

Not up on facts and figures so if anyone can help it would be nice to know.

I reckon he might beat last seasons top scorer but how far back do you have to go for a 30 goal scorer,it could happen I hope this season.

Our legend John Atyeo had some prolific seasons, i would suggest he may have the highest total for a season

• Admin
I think super Bob got 34goals 89/90.  :ph34r:

Super Bob scored 35 in competitive games and 2 in four friendlies in 89/90.

27 in the league, 5 in the FA cup, 2 in the League cup, 1 in the Glos. cup final and 2 in the aforementioned friendlies.

These figures include 3 league hatricks (3 March v Chester, 20 Mar v Swansea and April 10 v Crewe).

Although, the highest City goalscorer was Don Clark with a seasons total of 41, 36 league goals and 5 in the FA cup - 1946/47 season

I love you too Madgie-wadgie :ph34r:

Super Bob scored 35 in competitive games and 2 in four friendlies in 89/90.

27 in the league, 5 in the FA cup, 2 in the League cup, 1 in the Glos. cup final and 2 in the aforementioned friendlies.

These figures include 3 league hatricks (3 March v Chester, 20 Mar v Swansea and April 10 v Crewe).

Although,  the highest City goalscorer was Don Clark with a seasons total of 41, 36 league goals and 5 in the FA cup - 1946/47 season

Thanks for the info.

Don Clark with 41,now that is some target to reach,not sure if that will be attained by Lita this season but if he get's near Bob Taylors total that would be great.

• Admin
But will he beat John Atyeo's 351 total city goals ???

...would we have to rename the stand if he did !?!?!?

We might have a long wait............

John Atyeo scored 351 goals in 645 starts (no substitute places in that -all full appearances)

Lita has scored 24 in 23 starts, although he has featured in 68 games. The figures being: League games 18, sub(39) Goals 18. FA Cup 0, sub(3) Goals 2. League Cup 2, sub (1) Goals 2. LDV games 3 sub 3) Goals 2

A bloody brilliant start to a footballing career, (if only he'd played in Cardiff.....), but a very, very long time to go for talk of emulating Atyeo's feats - remember the unfortunate end to Paul Cheesley's rise to fame.

Thanks again for the detailed info. Schutzhund,nice to know that someone has access to such detailed facts.

Yes I do remember the end to Mr Cheesley's career,a very sad day for all concerned,not least the man himself.

As for naming a stand after Mr Lita,at the moment I would suggest a Hot Dog stand as the Lita stand,but if he progresses to the dizzy Atyeo heights of total goals scored for the club(in todays game,and what with player movements most unlikely),then a large stand would obviously be required to accommadate the name of Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy unless you used small letters,but then the impact would be lost.Still have to recognise 15 goals as some feat at this stage of the season,but The Lita Stand is still a long,if not unobtainable,way off.

Can only hope that BCFC and Leroy(Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy,sorry)continue to keep winning and keep scoring to elevate us to a more appropriate position for a club of such high expectations.

Let's hope that again tomorrow we can win and extend our push for promotion from this division,and I don't care who scores the winner(as long as we win).

Archived