IGNORED

To All You Leroy-bashers!

shire_redz

Another two goals today for our wonderkid. I feel the lad has come on so much in recent weeks and I can't believe it when forum members moan about him. Sure, people are entitled to their opinion, but I can't fault the boy for his age.

Here are a few points:-

1) No-one in this division has scored more league goals so far this term.

2) The lad is SO YOUNG and will only get better.

3) He's not the tallest, but wins most headers.

4) He holds the ball up and lays it off well.

5) He will run at players.

6) Has good pace.

7) Has good strength. Can shield the ball well.

8) Is not afraid to shoot from anywhere.

9) Has good close control and good skill on the ball.

All this from a lad who is still a teenager! Wake up and see that we have a real gem in our hands here. How good was Andy Cole at Leroy's age? What do the knockers want? Christiano Ronaldo? Sorry - the moaners just really get me sometimes. :ph34r:

Another two goals today for our wonderkid. I feel the lad has come on so much in recent weeks and I can't believe it when forum members moan about him. Sure, people are entitled to their opinion, but I can't fault the boy for his age.

Here are a few points:-

1) No-one in this division has scored more league goals so far this term.

2) The lad is SO YOUNG and will only get better.

3) He's not the tallest, but wins most headers.

4) He holds the ball up and lays it off well.

5) He will run at players.

6) Has good pace.

7) Has good strength. Can shield the ball well.

8) Is not afraid to shoot from anywhere.

9) Has good close control and good skill on the ball.

All this from a lad who is still a teenager! Wake up and see that we have a real gem in our hands here. How good was Andy Cole at Leroy's age? What do the knockers want? Christiano Ronaldo? Sorry - the moaners just really get me sometimes. :whistle:

Don't praise him mate,the Anti-Lita brigade(crusaders or whatever they are? :ph34r: )will come for you.Be afraid be very afraid.

Where is this anti-Leroy brigade? Methinks it's all a figment of your imaginations.

Sure, I've seen several times on here people posting that maybe he needs a rest, can be a bit greedy etc., but name people who form a complete 'anti-Leroy brigade' and evidence for it.

To me people are making comments about his play and whether he is fit enough to play every game. Constructive comments and open for debate. Whereas you lot simply say "I was right, so shut up" with no seeming cause.

Everytime Lita scores someone seems to post on here 'that'll shut up the anti-Leroy brigade' or 'Lita: told you so'. Where are all these horrid threads about the man? I can't see them :ph34r:

Oh sorry, I forgot that if you don't chant 'Leeeeeeroy' when he plants it in the stand you hate him.... :whistle:

Where is this anti-Leroy brigade? Methinks it's all a figment of your imaginations.

Sure, I've seen several times on here people posting that maybe he needs a rest, can be a bit greedy etc., but name people who form a complete 'anti-Leroy brigade' and evidence for it.

To me people are making comments about his play and whether he is fit enough to play every game. Constructive comments and open for debate. Whereas you lot simply say "I was right, so shut up" with no seeming cause.

Everytime Lita scores someone seems to post on here 'that'll shut up the anti-Leroy brigade' or 'Lita: told you so'. Where are all these horrid threads about the man? I can't see them  :ph34r:

Oh sorry, I forgot that if you don't chant 'Leeeeeeroy' when he plants it in the stand you hate him....  :whistle:

You're one,stone him,stone him.

The brigade are a secret society who have gone quieter as Leroy has now scored 4 goals in 2 games.

They will haunt you if you challenge them,the only sure way to find out who they are is to READ THE POSTS,PAST AND PRESENT,AND IF SOMEONE SAYS LEROY IS CRAP THEY COULD BE ONE.

You sometimes have to look for these things,but they're there.

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Didn't he do well today :whistle: .

Prove that I am one. That's if you can find read my previous posts from that dark recess that your head appears to be stuck in....

I do believe that at the start of the season I mentioned that maybe he wasn't ready for first-team football, that some of his play was a bit ragged. But that's a viewpoint, not a bashing. That was based on what I saw of him in reserve games and the odd ten minutes he got on the pitch in first team games under Wilson. Obviously Tinnion saw in training that he would do well for a full 90 minutes.

Just because you have an opinion on a player doesn't mean you hate them. If a player wears the shirt he gets my support. But that doesn't stop me commenting on their qualities and/or faults.

Does that mean that you believe that Lita has no faults? To me, the clique on here is you lot, killing all debate with sarcastic and vitriolic posts towards the poster when he or she posts an opinion. Like I said, it's killing all debate on here. In fact, I haven't seen a decent debate in ages, resulting in me living on the 'citychik' thread on the non-football forum, debating about biscuits. That's how bad it has got on here. A shocking state for a once-great forum to be in.

Prove that I am one. That's if you can find read my previous posts from that dark recess that your head appears to be stuck in....

I do believe that at the start of the season I mentioned that maybe he wasn't ready for first-team football, that some of his play was a bit ragged. But that's a viewpoint, not a bashing. That was based on what I saw of him in reserve games and the odd ten minutes he got on the pitch in first team games under Wilson. Obviously Tinnion saw in training that he would do well for a full 90 minutes.

Just because you have an opinion on a player doesn't mean you hate them. If a player wears the shirt he gets my support. But that doesn't stop me commenting on their qualities and/or faults.

Does that mean that you believe that Lita has no faults? To me, the clique on here is you lot, killing all debate with sarcastic and vitriolic posts towards the poster when he or she posts an opinion. Like I said, it's killing all debate on here. In fact, I haven't seen a decent debate in ages, resulting in me living on the 'citychik' thread on the non-football forum, debating about biscuits. That's how bad it has got on here. A shocking state for a once-great forum to be in.

Chill out,relax man,jeez wos your beef.Ask the man who started the thread maybe,if you just wanna have a dig at me then pm it.

Your previous post was somewhat negative towards the player,i merely picked up on that,if this forum is in such a shocking state as you say then posting that my head appears to be in a dark recess(clever),is really constructive debate,is it not.

Now if you really want to insult me try doing it by pm,it's much more personal,if you want to post reasoned debate,try it.I am also entitled to my opinion,like it or not,i have one,hopefully delivered with better manners than yourself.

Have you bothered to look back to find any posts knocking Leroy in that short time or are you just not that bothered.

I rate Leroy,think he's a good player,who's playing much better now Roberts has gone.In time I hope his partnership with Brooker will improve and get us the goals for promotion.

Chill out,relax man,jeez wos your beef.Ask the man who started the thread maybe,if you just wanna have a dig at me then pm it.

I did ask the man who started the thread with my first reply, as well as it being a general request for opinion as to why there seems to be a belief that there are hardcore 'Lita bashers' constantly posting on the forum.

Your previous post was somewhat negative towards the player,i merely picked up on that,if this forum is in such a shocking state as you say then posting that my head appears to be in a dark recess(clever),is really constructive debate,is it not.

I know the dark recess thing was clever. This uni education doesn't come cheap you know. But it got your attention, didn't it? Not saying it was right but it's a lot less vitriolic then most people seem to encounter when posting an opinion that goes against the 'forum norm'

As it was I was merely trying to challenge you to prove that I was anti-leroy before the usual rubbish and claims that I am one for holding a pre-season opinion started.

As for my original post being somewhat negative to the player, where?

From what I can see reading back over it I never gave an opinion on the player, only an opinion on the myth of the anti-Leroy brigade

Now if you really want to insult me try doing it by pm,it's much more personal,if you want to post reasoned debate,try it.I am also entitled to my opinion,like it or not,i have one,hopefully delivered with better manners than yourself.

I know you have an opinion. So do I.

Can you not see my view that there is a lack of reasoned debate on this forum? As it was, your response to my post was hardly insightful.

Have you bothered to look back to find any posts knocking Leroy in that short time or are you just not that bothered.

Maybe you haven't realised yet but in a roundabout way you've actually proved my point that there aren't that many posts knocking Leroy. Think about it...

I did ask the man who started the thread with my first reply, as well as it being a general request for opinion as to why there seems to be a belief that there are hardcore 'Lita bashers' constantly posting on the forum.

I know the dark recess thing was clever. This uni education doesn't come cheap you know. But it got your attention, didn't it? Not saying it was right but it's a lot less vitriolic then most people seem to encounter when posting an opinion that goes against the 'forum norm'

As it was I was merely trying to challenge you to prove that I was anti-leroy before the usual rubbish and claims that I am one for holding a pre-season opinion started.

As for my original post being somewhat negative to the player, where?

From what I can see reading back over it I never gave an opinion on the player, only an opinion on the myth of the anti-Leroy brigade

I know you have an opinion. So do I.

Can you not see my view that there is a lack of reasoned debate on this forum? As it was, your response to my post was hardly insightful.

Maybe you haven't realised yet but in a roundabout way you've actually proved my point that there aren't that many posts knocking Leroy. Think about it...

Obviously with your uni education you are far superior to me,but i'll try my best.

There is a group of people(not so much lately, granted)who at any oportunity will ridicule or dig at Lita.

I won't resort to posting any clever digs at you,and you're right,it wasn't the right thing to do.

Your comment about not chanting Leeeeeroy when he plants the ball in the stands was negative and somewhat biased,as in line with some others.Is there a problem in supporting a player or does the chanting of Leroys name cause upset to some.I'll support any player who does good,all of them equally,although i will also defend anyone who seems to take uncalled for criticism.You may be right that there is a lack of reasoned debate on this forum,but some of us are not as well educated or skilled as some of you in this area,that doesn't mean that our views are not valid.Personally i find long drawn out replies and posts tedious.Sorry if my response was not insightful.And if you care to look you will find posts calling Lita crap,etc.

I bow to your intellect,but gotta go as i've now spent more time talking to you than my missus tonight,and bed and her beckons.

I suppose that your opinion has now changed towards Lita.

Reasoned debate?

On a forum?

You have to be joking!!

If anyone believes Lita is the complete footballer at 19 they must be as mad as a box of frogs.

There are plenty of aspects of his game he needs to improve, and at 19 he has the time to do it and you would expect him to.

It is just a shame you can't get a reasoned discussion going; but until the education system in this country is improved, the ability for reasoned debate will remain missing and society (and this forum!) will be the poorer for it.

Freezer, you are so obvious in what you're doing it's beyond belief. It's called fishing for bait. I post a view, and you attack it using subtle digs, yet claim it's 'reasoned debate'.

Obviously aside from your first reply to me, another example is me making a small joke about uni education, and you then spend half your post using it against me

Obviously with your uni education you are far superior to me,but i'll try my best.

some of us are not as well educated or skilled as some of you in this area,that doesn't mean that our views are not valid

I bow to your intellect

_____

Your comment about not chanting Leeeeeroy when he plants the ball in the stands was negative and somewhat biased,as in line with some others.Is there a problem in supporting a player or does the chanting of Leroys name cause upset to some.

As for my quote about Leroy planting the ball in the stand, that was a quip about what some have pointed out before - Leroy makes a mistake and gets his name chanted, whereas if other players do it we get on their back.

I'm all for supporting him when he makes a mistake, since that's what we as supporters are meant to do. But I was pointing out that some people seem to think that you should only chant to him when he makes a mistake yet shouldn't bring it up on a forum. Yet again, how is that negative to Leroy? Negative to the fans and the forum yes, but not the player. He doesn't ask us to chant his name.

I suppose that your opinion has now changed towards Lita.

I'll admit that he's doing better than I expected, which I'm always pleased with. However, I do believe that some people are taking the pro vs. anti-Leroy thing way to far, seeing arguments and throwing abuse where none exists nor is necessary

Archived