IGNORED

Lita

Riaz

Leroy Lita has proved to be a bit special, just like I said last year, before he ever made his first start. I think its fair to say he will play in the premiership during his career, if of course he stays injury free....

With that in mind, I think City should use Wigan as an example, where they have kept Ellington and he (along with roberts admittedly) is firing them to them premiership. Keep Lita to get us into the championship, and once were there keep him to intially survive, and then build a team around him. Lets not forget as he gets older he will get better - and hopefully so will the team as a whole.

So, basically, what I'm saying is, if we have the ambition to ever be a top flight team, we must keep 'special' players like Leroy and not keep selling them!

Another thing I was thinking, was obviously city would HAVE to sell him if he was to leave at the end of his contract, so does anyone know when his contract expires??

He signed a three and a half year contract in March 2003, so could still be with us in November in 2006.

However, by my maths he would still be 22 at this time (his birthday is in December) so we'd still be entitled to a (modest, admittedly) fee I believe?

Let's just hope that he shows some loyalty and doesn't leave for a pittance at the end of his contract

Archived