IGNORED

Miller To Start Tonight/goodfellow To Swansea ?

Lee Miller is bracing himself for the possibility of a dramatic return to action tonight in Bristol City's biggest game of the season so far. While winger Marc Goodfellow (pictured below), another player desperate for a good run of outings, was today the subject of interest from Swansea City, Miller was on standby for a recall to the Robins side preparing to take on fellow promotion contenders Tranmere at Ashton Gate (7.45).

The 21-year-old Scot has made just two starts this season and has seen his hopes of regular run-outs further dashed by the recent signing of Steve Brooker.

But Brooker is struggling with hip and thigh problems courtesy of Saturday's battle with MK Dons and faces a race against time to be fit for tonight.

As for Goodfellow, he is hoping for better days now he is back in Bristol from his loan spell with Port Vale.

Swans boss Kenny Jackett is desperate for a natural left-sided winger and has made an inquiry about Goodfellow's availability.

City, however, have issued a firm "hands-off" for now but could be swayed by a reasonable offer for their ??£50,000 January recruit from Stoke.

if miller played instead of brooker I wouldnt be to dissapointed, brooker didnt do much against mk dons and if hes not fully fit after the knocks he picked up is it worth risking him with potential of there being a more serious injury????

If miller does play then he will be looking to give 110% as he needs to fight for a place.

Whoever plays as long as the service is there from the midfielders we will win.

I hope they do play together but am a bit worried that we have one player with tonsillitis (?) and another recovering from food poisioning who lacks match practice. Lee especially will want to make his manager notice him and I hope he gets a good reception if he does play. Just a start I'm sure will boost his confidence.

It just prooves that we do need the number of players we have to cover these positions. It should allow players with knocks to fully recover. We should be using the squad fully and confuse the opposition. :ph34r:

[quplayed instead of brooker I wouldnt be to dissapointedote=cidersam,Nov 9 2004, 12:30 PM]

if miller , brooker didnt do much against mk dons and if hes not fully fit after the knocks he picked up is it worth risking him with potential of there being a more serious injury????

If miller does play then he will be looking to give 110% as he needs to fight for a place.

Whoever plays as long as the service is there from the midfielders we will win.

I totally agree with you, I don't know which game cidersam was watching.

If Brooker didn't do much against MK then I can't wait until he does have

a good game!!!

Yes, Cidersam is talking nonsense. Brooker was superb against MK Dons. He also scored 1 goal and set up another.

Miller was great against Bournemouth, but give me Brooker at the moment for sure.

I really rate brooker but miller is more than a good enough replacement. Miller will be hungry to succeed as others have said , this couple with lita good form i think they will do well together , miller is a class act at this level and it just shows the quality of squad we have to be keeping him out of the side , he would certainly get into tranmere's first 11. Its lee's big chance to show what he can do , the most important thing is that we (the fans) get behind the boys from the off and show tranmere what were about. If we win tonight it will send a message to the rest of the division that city are back and ready to challenge for promotion , Tonights game is HUGE!!!!!!! And i'm really looking forward to tonight now.

COME ON U REDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! :ph34r:

So right me get this right

Brooker Hip and Thigh problems

Miller Definately not match fit

Leroy Maybe tonsilitis

Heffernan Injured

That leaves Gillespie ........Not yet a first team player

And we gave away Roberts for £20,000

TREMENDOUS

And tonight we are playing 2nd in the league, hoping to win and go 7th

Lets hope there is a goal or two in Wilkshire then

Brooker        Hip and Thigh problems

Miller        Definately not match fit

Leroy          Maybe tonsilitis

Heffernan      Injured

TREMENDOUS

Lita and miller are both just about match fit. Gillespie is capable of doing a good job if called upon anyway.

Guest monster red

Brooker        Hip and Thigh problems

Miller        Definately not match fit

Leroy          Maybe tonsilitis

Heffernan      Injured

TREMENDOUS

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not again!! :whistle:

How on earth have you taken Brooker may not be fit to face Tranmere to why did we give Roberts away for £20'000 (will be £50,000 in time) :whistle::ph34r:

For one Lita & Brooker will both be fit,it just space filling in the local rag, please don't throw Roberts into the decussion everytime we have an potential injury/illness to a forward as its pointless,he's gone! (to be fair we havent really missed him,have we!!)

I think Roberts as been debated to death on this site and if I never discuss him again it will be to soon!! :Sleep12:

:whistle:

Good luck to Miller if he starts, now is his chance to prove his worth and WITH the supply that many of you think he has been lacking previously. I'll get behind whoever is in a city shirt. But how has he suddenly leapfrogged Gillespie, Heffernan and Cotterill?

Because he's the tallest so is considered more of a 'target man' than the others. Apparently he's been working out with weights, so we could be seeing the new beefier version of Lee Miller! :ph34r:

I think Roberts as been debated to death on this site and if I never discuss him again it will be to soon!! :Sleep12:

Agreed Sully :whistle: . However, with Swindon in the cup soon, I think the chances of that are limited! :ph34r:

As for tonight, Brooker and Leroy will both be avaiable and starting.

I'll have an e-tenner on it! :whistle:

:ph34r:

We'll look forward to your absence in any future Roberts debates then.

You have the choice not to post if it bore's you so much, but it seems the sight of the word 'Roberts' irks you so greatly that you are powerless to resist.

Guest Levster
Agreed Sully  :whistle: .  However, with Swindon in the cup soon, I think the chances of that are limited!  :ph34r: 

As for tonight,  Brooker and Leroy will both be avaiable and starting.

I'll have an e-tenner on it!  :whistle:

il hold you for that Neo, you can pay me later :whistle:

Will we have a problem, i don't think so if leroy is playing, but who would you prefer to see gilly or miller (if fit) up front with him. I would prefer miller, i got a feeling if he plays he may get a goal and things might change for the bloke.

If Miller had played, then it would of been at least 6-0!!!,  :rolleyes:

Definitely. Both Brooker's goals were flukes at best and the MoM was surely a sympathy vote after a generally inept performance :city::rolleyes:

Luke's shot was a mishit cross  :rolleyes:  :city:

Glad somebody else spotted it.

As for the 2nd penalty attempt, I see he's back to tripping over the ball at the vital stage and scuffing his shot.

Fortunately, he's blessed with the "Aussie spawn" or that could of been really embarrasing! :P

Glad somebody else spotted it. 

As for the 2nd penalty attempt, I see he's back to tripping over the ball at the vital stage and scuffing his shot. 

Fortunately, he's blessed with the "Aussie spawn" or that could of been really embarrasing!  :P

He was told to retake it cos he got it wrong, he thought you score by punting it over the bar :P

Archived