IGNORED

Free Flowing Football

chowie

That was a superb massive result for us. With a ref who was so whistle happy. 40 Fouls thats stopping the game every 2mins 15 secs just for fouls, add other stopages (Offsides, Throwins etc) it must have been so fustrating.

Can't understand how free-flowing football can occur with that sort of referee like you said but congrats all the same on a good result.

Boo.

Can't understand how free-flowing football can occur with that sort of referee like you said but congrats all the same on a good result.

Boo.

He did try to play the advantage, a fouls a foul, was a fair ref, thought a few bookings were harsh though.

He did try to play the advantage, a fouls a foul, was a fair ref, thought a few bookings were harsh though.

Can't argue with the comment about advantage being played, he let the play continue as much as he could. Thought a few more playrs could have been booked to be honest, especially Tranmeres.

As for McAteer - lucky to stay on if you ask me. Started with Tommy and then tried to rag Hill. No wonder he was subsituted.

Edit: Also told the Atyeo to F'off on his way to the tunnel at half time. I think a steward actually pointed at him at the time. Somebody also said that apparently him and Tommy started in the tunnel as well. Whether that is true or not I don't know.

Guest bristolbred

Boo.

Come out of the Closet Rich, and follow the real West Country Robins!, :city:

Forget the County Ground, Ashton Gate is where you Really want to be!!, :rolleyes:

• Admin
No, Tommy was booked at the same time as McAteer in the first half. Not 100% why though  :city:

Because he reacted to McAteer and we got the typical footballer's forehead standoff.

Matt Hill shouldn't have even got involved.

The way I saw it from directly above it, Tommy and McAteer should have both been sent off and Hill should have been booked. That said, Butler saw hardly anything of his "deliberate handball" that led to his harsh booking and Howarth was entitled to challenge for the ball and didn't even connect with Phillips for his booking.

Very inconsistent referee but I agree he did play the advantage rule better than most refs I've seen.

Come out of the Closet Rich, and follow the real West Country Robins!,  :rolleyes:

Forget the County Ground, Ashton Gate is where you Really want to be!!,  :rolleyes:

Funnily enough I'm going to the Sheffield Wednesday game (Swindon away the week we're visiting the area)... Gutting thing is I said this to the girlfriend... AND I QUOTE...

"I predict 4 nil City"

I'm an idiot or your messiah... Either way I'm not happy! :city:

Boo. :rolleyes:

Regards :rolleyes:

Rich-TGSC-

Howarth was entitled to challenge for the ball and didn't even connect with Phillips for his booking.

Very inconsistent referee but I agree he did play the advantage rule better than most refs I've seen.

Fair play to phillips and another city player, who I can't remember, as they seemed to be talking to the Ref and were trying to persuade him that a booking wasn't necessary.

Did he book 6 of them? Thats the £2500 fine isn't it for what was never a dirty game.

As for McAteer, they were poorer without him but would never have finished the game with him!

Funnily enough I'm going to the Sheffield Wednesday game (Swindon away the week we're visiting the area)... Gutting thing is I said this to the girlfriend... AND I QUOTE...

"I predict 4 nil City"

I'm an idiot or your messiah... Either way I'm not happy!  :city:

Boo.  :rolleyes:

Regards  :rolleyes:

Rich-TGSC-

Did you get down the bookies then?

If not, then I'd pick the idiot thing :P

• Admin
01) I went for the idiot option.... Damn my non-betting

02) No, no I won't!  :rolleyes:

:city:

But this season is so much like Wilson's season last year. Maybe the play is different but it's freekily simular in form... Or am I wrong?

Nothing like it, last season we ground out results in a very boring fashion.

This season "entertainment" is much more to the fore. Already have 15 more goals and 3 more points than at the same stage last season.

1 Point + a Worse Goal Difference than QPR

Awww Robbo, I knew that mate, was hoping Rich would reply.

So, my line of this thread was going down the "so it's a bloody good point there Rich" route...

"Wow 3 whole points more

Point taken though!"

Indeed.

So shall we go back to where your promotion bid faltered? :city:

I can tell you... We were there to make up the numbers in the play-offs, although we were knocked out in the cruelest of ways... We were not good enough and if we were up there now we'd be in a worse state than Brighton.... and Rotherham infact!

That's okay... Makes the the fact we beat you more humiliating for yourselves!

We haven't got Henderson now though  :city:

I bet you're lot are say Christian who?

Well, you;re only as good as your last result. So we ain't doing too bad.

Would be nice to see how we would fare against you now though.

Henderson who?

Roberts has gone. Big deal. :P

Henderson who?

Yeah we're saying that too these days... Scored an easy double against you. LDV is a mickey mouse cup... If you win that you can sing and dance all you want... to me it's just the LDV... the F.A. Cup and League is where I will be praying for a win!

Have a good evening... Your lot did you proud today.

Regards,

Rich-TGSC-

Yeah we're saying that too these days... Scored an easy double against you. LDV is a mickey mouse cup... If you win that you can sing and dance all you want... to me it's just the LDV... the F.A. Cup and League is where I will be praying for a win!

Have a good evening... Your lot did you proud today.

Regards,

Rich-TGSC-

So why are we having to scroll the 3 photos of Bush and 2 others ?

Archived