IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire

One Team

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

I thought he looked brilliant last season,good passing and moving,good ball control....it's a shame he went away on international duty and couldn't get back in....that left midfield role suits him cutting inside though :city:

To be fair to Luke, he was regarded as a very good prospect when he was at Boro.

I recently met a Boro fan on holiday who also happens to always look out for our results. He said he was surprised that Boro let Luke go and even more surprised that City fans did not rate him.

I think that last year perhaps people were expecting a bit too much from Luke. I am so glad he is now getting the recognition he deserves.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

He was a class-act last season....and he previously started 30+ games for Middlesbrough in the Premiership,including MOTM at Old Trafford....still a good prospect,and we're lucky :city:

Luke Wilkshire was a shocking player last season who got bullied out of everything.

This season he currently has my vote for our player of the season. He now seems to be relishing the physical side of this league.

His distribution and vision last year was good, however, he always seemed to need that fraction too long at this level as room to play is at a minimum.

This year, he is pinging it about for fun and is showing he is absolute quality.

We need to go up this year to make sure the risk of players like Luke, Leroy, Tommy etc. do not give in to the temptations that will surely come.

Guest ErringtonKelly
We need to go up this year to make sure the risk of players like Luke, Leroy, Tommy etc. do not give in to the temptations that will surely come.

Luke and Leroy - agree. Tommy - no chance.

Guest BlackthornRed

I take it all back, a few weeks ago I wasnt sure whether Luke was the man or not. After last night though, brilliant. He is premiership class and we MUST hold on to him. I will go and eat my words now.

As well as Luke, Tinman has to take a lot of the credit for his outstanding performances this term.

Under DW the tactic of defend first obviously didnt suit LW game.

He's been given more of a free role under tinman which show's to the player the trust in his ability from the manager.

don't forget even last season when he was playing poorly for us was putting in good performances for oz.

So this wasnt a player out of form, more out of tune with the tactics asked of him last season.

Lets hope this all continues :city::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No way mate - so much better this term.  don't know why,

... this season we have more players around him able to play at the quicker tempo he needs. The team ethos is moving from static to dynamic and nobody now is dragging the team down to their level.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Could it be the fact that Luke has had his best games when Tinman isn't playing. In that he now gets to take on more 'playmaking' responability. As usually before Tinman would drop deep to get the ball then pass it forward.

To be fair to Luke, he was regarded as a very good prospect when he was at Boro. 

I recently met a Boro fan on holiday who also happens to always look out for our results.  He said he was surprised that Boro let Luke go and even more surprised that City fans did not rate him.

I think that last year perhaps people were expecting a bit too much from Luke.  I am so glad he is now getting the recognition he deserves.

I used to live with a season ticket boro fan who never really rated him. But in the last year he has developed and matured and is a stronger and better player for it.

Archived