IGNORED

"kick Start The Season"

headhunter

Yet again we are told Saturday's game with Stockport is the one where "we kick start our season" and this follows the pre-Barnsley cup replay headline from Barlow of "we'll turn on the style" , oh, and I nearly forgot the usual "loan signing imminent" chatter.

I am beginning to think thisclub has employed Alistair Campbell as its spin doctor. I really do wish we could find some weapons of mass destruction at Ashton Gate !!!

As it stands we are up **** creek right now and nothing less than 14 points from the next 6 on paper winable games will put oue season back on track. That would leave us with 45 points from 27 games after which we would have to win 13 from 19 for automatic promotion and probably 10 for a play off spot.

I can't see it happening particularly as our most improved player [because he's being played in the right position] is off to Oz.

What's the solution ?

On my part I would rest Carey, Brown and Peacock for reasons that are already well documented on this forum

Presumably you are saying 84 points or so is enough for an automatic place. I would have thought that would still not be enough for top 2; I believe the target for auto has to be 61 more points from the remaining 25 games.

This takes the tally to the magical 92 points (2 per game) which is normally the requirement.

Can't see that happening unless are goals per shot ratio improves rapidly!

The defence is the weak link at the moment. Not the attack. :rolleyes: Corners and free kicks again.Wake up Philips and co or sit down. ;)

True to a large extent in that we are concedeing real sloppy goals and are not learning from them.

However, in the 28 games we have played this season (all comps) we have scored :-

2+ in 7 games

1 only in 13 games

none at all in 8 games

To expect to get many victories when scoring 1 or less in 75% of your games is putting a helluva lot of pressure on the defence.

What the forwards could try (this is just an idea) is converting 2 or more of the numerous chances we will once again create Saturday.

<br /> They are capable arent they? :rolleyes:  (begining to have doubts myself now) ;)  (no I  dont ).come on we can do it? This is a easier div than last year and next year so shake them up Danny ,could be your last chance?

You're certainly getting my vote in one of the categories for the forum awards 2003; can you guess which one? :Confused13: :Confused13: :Confused13:

Archived