IGNORED

I Would Like To Know

reddoh

I am rapidly approaching my very very late 30's in 8 days I reach a number that is only 2 less than the meaning of life. why has life changed ?

When I started watching football i could stand and cheer ,shout ,laugh and cry without being pursicuted.

I was taken to away games and was not subjected to heavy handed policing

defenders could make a tackle from behind ,sliding or jamie smith style without giving away a free kick.

the kiosks(I cant remember what we called them) had real food .

you could ask a policeman the time,how to get somewhere without being arrested , assaulted ,ridiculled.

you could drink as much as you felt was right(ask my dad) .

WHY now are we treated like animals. Why have the tiny minority spoilt football for the vast majority of reasonably behaved normal human beings that attend week in week out.

I could go on but i will spare you the rest

just bring back the sliding tackle, don't send off a guy ,just because he stops the ball going in the net with his hands , a penalty is enough.

stop protecting the keeper ( have a spare on the bench)

:wub:

Very vaild points... but in fairness I am only 21 and I remember the majority of your points!

The demise of terracing was always going to change the atmosphere... When I first went to games I was standing up.

Events in football like Hillsborough and International hooliganism was always going to see changes made.

Guest Green Pippin Red
I am rapidly approaching my very very late 30's in 8 days I reach a number that is only 2 less than the meaning of life. why has life changed ?

When I started watching football i could stand and cheer ,shout ,laugh and cry without being pursicuted.

I was taken to away games and was not subjected to heavy handed policing

defenders could make a tackle from behind ,sliding or jamie smith style without giving away a free kick.

the kiosks(I cant remember what we called them) had real food .

you could ask a policeman the time,how to get somewhere without being arrested , assaulted ,ridiculled.

you could drink as much as you felt was right(ask my dad) .

WHY now are we treated like animals. Why have the tiny minority spoilt football for the vast majority of reasonably behaved normal human beings that attend week in week out.

I could go on but i will spare you the rest

just bring back the sliding tackle, don't send off a guy ,just because he stops the ball going in the net with his hands , a penalty is enough.

stop protecting the keeper ( have a spare on the bench)

:)

Guest Green Pippin Red

You think you have it bad I am just 2 months away from the big 50 and was brought up with the likes of Gary Collier and Keith Fear,who I played against regular as a young boy and Chris Garland etc.etc. I bet a lot on this site cant recall any of these lads or should i say men as they are now,all played under Alan Dicks time.

Archived