IGNORED

Wrexham Bust By Wednesday

A Horse With No Name

In one of today's papers it says that they will go bust on Wednesday unless they can pay £900,000 debts. All their matches so far this season will be expunged, and I presume that most of the sides above us will have already played them and beaten them. I doubt very much that this will happen, and at the last minute a benefactor will be found to save them. But if the worst should happen, and we all hope it won't, how will the reduction of points for the teams above us affect our position. Anyone know?

In one of today's papers it says that they will go bust on Wednesday unless they can pay £900,000 debts. All their matches so far this season will be expunged, and I presume that most of the sides above us will have already played them and beaten them. I doubt very much that this will happen, and at the last minute a benefactor will be found to save them. But if the worst should happen, and we all hope it won't, how will the reduction of points for the teams above us affect our position. Anyone know?

Results against Wrexham...

Luton Won 5-1

Hull City Drew 2-2

Tranmere Drew 1-1

Bournemouth Won 1-0

Bradford Lost 0-1

Brentford Won 1-0

Therefore, the league table would look like...

Team - Pts - GoalDiff

Luton Town - 35 - +12

Hull City - 31 - +6

Tranmere - 30 - +6

Bradford - 29 - +4

City - 27 - +11

Bournemouth - 27 - +9

Archived