IGNORED

Would Lita Leave City

bcfcchris2016

Last summer i thought Tommy Doherty was goin to leave City for a bigger club because he is to good to play in Division 2. At the end of this season i am sure things will be the same for him being linked with Premiership clubs and so is Leroy Lita. I think Leroy is good enough to get +30 goals this season. If we get promoted this season then Leroy should stay with us. But do you think Leroy will leave City at the end of the season if we don't. We might still have Heffernan, Brooker, Miller and Gillespie though. One thing i want to know is when does his contract expire. Cheers

:laugh: COME ON YOU REDS ;)

I never thought Doherty was going to leave and to be honest I don't think Lita will leave in the summer.

Lita will need to prove his ability to score goals against better sides and players before any club makes a move for him. Thats not a dig at him simply put I cant see any premiership side taking a risk on him and perhaps only a handful of Championship sides could match our valuation of him.

The whole Doherty scenario was a prime example of supporters seeing there own teams players as better than they actually are.

Tommy is a good player at this level but has no pace and gets himself silly suspensions, As a result I don't think he will play at a higher level than the championship.

I never thought Doherty was going to leave and to be honest I don't think Lita will leave in the summer.

Lita will need to prove his ability to score goals against better sides and players before any club makes a move for him. Thats not a dig at him simply put I cant see any premiership side taking a risk on him and perhaps only a handful of Championship sides could match our valuation of him.

The whole Doherty scenario was a prime example of supporters seeing there own teams players as better than they actually are.

Tommy is a good player at this level but has no pace and gets himself silly suspensions, As a result I don't think he will play at a higher level than the championship.

a certain johnation stead didnt prove himself nd look what hes doing :P

Last summer i thought Tommy Doherty was goin to leave City for a bigger club because he is to good to play in Division 2. At the end of this season i am sure things will be the same for him being linked with Premiership clubs and so is Leroy Lita. I think Leroy is good enough to get +30 goals this season. If we get promoted this season then Leroy should stay with us. But do you think Leroy will leave City at the end of the season if we don't. We might still have Heffernan, Brooker, Miller and Gillespie though. One thing i want to know is when does his contract expire. Cheers

:laugh: COME ON YOU REDS ;)

If we don't get promoted....AGAIN.....there will be an exodus.

His current ability of being in the right place at the right time needs to be tested over a longer period before anyone will seriously consider taking him on.

I would have thought we had a harder job keeping Wilkshire happy, a goalscoring playmaker? Not many of those to the pound at any level.

Bottom line...anyone can leave at any time if the offer is right.The movement of players is part & parcel of what excites supporters,in Lita's case should he continue to score regularly then it is only natural he will be keen to test himself at a higher level.

In the short-term gaining promotion would obviously make him think twice about the dynamics of any transfer. A real and tangible benefit in hoping that he can continue to be succesful with us in the higher division is that his value could be double what it is today. A very similar situation to Robert Eanshaw.

Lita is scoring for fun this season. So did Scott Murray a couple of seasons ago. That now appears to have been a fluke. It happens at this level and there's no guarantee that Lita would fare any better than Murray in a higher division.

Leon Knight is another who scored a lot of goals at our level but is struggling to reproduce that form in the Championship. Earnshaw could be another.

A lot of people criticised Wilson for the way he handled Lita. I tend to disagree and I think that far from being detrimental to his career I actually think that last season may have been the making of Lita. I got the impression that towards the end of the season he was actually getting a bit full of himself. Reports of his performances for the Reserves appeared to confirm this. However, he has obviously come out all guns blazing this season and he may feel he has a point to prove.

At the start of the season I would not have had Lita in my starting XI but he has most definitely proved me wrong.

Guest trickyjacks
Lita is scoring for fun this season.  So did Scott Murray a couple of seasons ago.  That now appears to have been a fluke.  It happens at this level and there's no guarantee that Lita would fare any better than Murray in a higher division.

Leon Knight is another who scored a lot of goals at our level but is struggling to reproduce that form in the Championship.  Earnshaw could be another.

A lot of people criticised Wilson for the way he handled Lita.  I tend to disagree and I think that far from being detrimental to his career I actually think that last season may have been the making of Lita.  I got the impression that towards the end of the season he was actually getting a bit full of himself.  Reports of his performances for the Reserves appeared to confirm this.  However, he has obviously come out all guns blazing this season and he may feel he has a point to prove.

At the start of the season I would not have had Lita in my starting XI but he has most definitely proved me wrong.

Guest trickyjacks
Lita is scoring for fun this season.  So did Scott Murray a couple of seasons ago.  That now appears to have been a fluke.  It happens at this level and there's no guarantee that Lita would fare any better than Murray in a higher division.

Leon Knight is another who scored a lot of goals at our level but is struggling to reproduce that form in the Championship.  Earnshaw could be another.

A lot of people criticised Wilson for the way he handled Lita.  I tend to disagree and I think that far from being detrimental to his career I actually think that last season may have been the making of Lita.  I got the impression that towards the end of the season he was actually getting a bit full of himself.  Reports of his performances for the Reserves appeared to confirm this.  However, he has obviously come out all guns blazing this season and he may feel he has a point to prove.

Guest seaCider_red
Rumour has it around the city ground that Leroy Lita will sign for Nottingham forest before the Reading game at the weekend

and rumour has it that emlyn hughes will be riding red rum in the grand national

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Rumour has it around the city ground that Leroy Lita will sign for Nottingham forest before the Reading game at the weekend

Only one thing is CERTAIN with Forest....LITA will NOT sign. He will be looking for bigger and better. His main aim will be the Premiership and other than that he would not be tempted to leave the CITY. So all this Will he Wont he can stop! If a Decent Premiership club has a look, Then we need to start worrying. So the Watfords,Leeds, QPR Etc can jog on. Oh the other thing is, I,m 99% certain he would not move to a London club either. If the team is in the North, In the premiership and wears blue, Then we need to worry. It is as simple as that.

It's just a shame that once a player find his form he is automatically linked to a club and what with the current financial climate in football you have to listen to offers

For example during Don Rogers peak years at Swindon (1965-1971) he managed 143 goals in 317 games, nowadays the player would be long gone by his 75th goal! We even managed to reject an offer from Liverpool without the player becoming unsettled... Now we can't fend off any club higher than us! :dunno:

:grr:

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
It's just a shame that once a player find his form he is automatically linked to a club and what with the current financial climate in football you have to listen to offers

For example during Don Rogers peak years at Swindon (1965-1971) he managed 143 goals in 317 games, nowadays the player would be long gone by his 75th goal! We even managed to reject an offer from Liverpool without the player becoming unsettled... Now we can't fend off any club higher than us!  :dunno:

:grr:

Unfortunatly, The whole game now revolves around £££££££££ !!

Archived